cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
DuDirty
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Windows 7 Professional upgrade

HP Recommended

I am a full time student at KVCC. Because I am taking Computer Information System classes I am able to download Window 7 Professional 64bit for free. My problem is when I did the upgrade I was unable to access my HP Media Smart software (Music, Video, Webcam, Pandora, etc..). When I touch the quick play button nothing happen, and when I check the program list I don't have an HP folder. The only two options I have is to upgrade to Widows 7 Home Premium or Windows 7 Ultimate I don't want to pay for the upgrade. Can anyone help me out ?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
CherylG
Level 17
44,714 38,155 3,356 11,465
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have you checked your models software/drivers page to see if there are downloads available? HP Quick Launch is needed for the buttons to work..Vista drivers/software usually work in Win 7.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

lmanlo
Level 2
14 14 1 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

CherylG is right you have to go to HP Site(hp.com) type in your model number in support and drivers, click on vista 64 which ever you had look for Driver 
» HP Quick Launch Buttons, Driver - Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices, » HP Quick Launch Buttons, Software - Multimedia 
» HP Media Smart Software Web Update 
» Cyberlink YouCam Software (If you had Youcam). And download any other driver if needed. Just download those and you should have Quickplay. I also got Windows 7 Professional from School too and cleaned installed it on my hp dv4, When I installed those drivers I had the quick launch working with the quickplay button openining Quickplay or for you the HP Media Smart Software. Don't forget some drivers will be named different. Just look for Media Smart and Quick Launch buttons, Hope this helps or just reply back if you've got more questions. 

0 Kudos
Renahan
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I'm also in the same situation, downloading it from school, etc. My computer has pre-installed software for things like my lightscribe disk drive and roxio. Will I be able to recover such things from HP after I install windows 7 professional?
0 Kudos
Brandonschultz1
2 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I downloaded Win7Pro as well onto my G60.     It went smooth and I was able to boot up the .exe files from the Vista partition without much problem.  I was able to get the chipset from nvidia but found that I was having trouble with video card.  HP support that I just need to wait til the 22d, I guess
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation