cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Drew_NL
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Windows 7 RC - Any Game Stopping Issues?

HP Recommended

Just getting set to install Windows 7 RC on a HP Pavillion DV9000.  Just wondering if anyone has run into any fatal issues. 

Would also like to hear from those running it with limited or no issues.

Any tweaks or tips for HP Laptops?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
cnfrisch
Level 7
945 945 50 137
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Before installing Windows 7 RC1, download and run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/upgrade-advisor.aspx

If you have any questions regarding Windows 7, please post in the dedicated Windows 7 Forum:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro/

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows Expert - Consumer

abpfischer
Level 1
2 2 0 7
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi There

I have a HP Pavillion dv9018X and have just tried to upgrade from Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 RC. The installation was cancelled when the upgrade advisor had issues with the keyboard filter. This is caused by HP Quick Launch buttons software. I have removed this and attempted installation again. All was good although the process was painstakingly slow. The installation when right up to the last phase where applications etc are re-installed. It got upto about 73% and then froze (after a whole night). I did a reboot and was told that the upgrade was unsuccessfull and was going to roll back to Vista. It did this all fine and I am back to Vista. I have no idea why the installation was unsuccessfull and cannot find any reason. Upgrade advisor was happy etc. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Drew_NL
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As a footnote, clean install was quick and easy of Windows 7 RC, the only minor issue is that the wireless was less than stable, I have noticed a new update that came out on June 5, 2009 and so far so good, hoping that will cure it.

Windows 7 is in all manners better and faster than Vista and if the upgrade price is $50 USD as has been leaked then it is well worth itThe Premium edition if at the $100 leaked pricing would also be a great upgradeWonder what the HP prices will be like.

This was on a Pavilion dv9408ca.

To the previous poster I would suggest backing up all of the documents on your laptop / PC to an external hard drive and do a clean install of the Windows 7 RCThe upgrade route is available but has been plagued with issuesYou probably won't see a good upgrade version until the final releases are being sold.

Drew

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation