cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jerelot
Level 2
15 9 0 2
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Windows 7 RTM drivers for sound control buttons and quick launch buttons on TX2

HP Recommended

In the past two days this forum has helped me find several drivers for the TX2-1027CA tablet. Now I'd like to try to get two more - and I expect this will be more difficult to find, but here goes....

Is there a driver for the sound buttons (sound down, sound up, and mute) on the body of the tablet? Currently, with no driver, it has no effect to push them.

Is there a driver for the quick launch buttons (mediasmart, screen orientation, and so on) on the screen of the tablet? Pushing these also has no effect. Even better would be drivers that allow me to assign my own program choices, but I'll settle for the basic original functions.

Looking forward to any links as this software appears!

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Hotlush
4 4 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Have you tried the Vista drivers?
0 Kudos
Daniel_Potyrala
Level 13
10,920 10,838 772 4,463
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

As I remember You are using 64 it version so:

Realtek HD audio here

HP Quick Launch Buttons here

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
0 Kudos
jerelot
Author
Level 2
15 9 0 2
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, the hp driver for the quick launch buttons (for vista) works on windows 7.

I can't find any driver that relates to the sound buttons. Do you know what they would be called?

0 Kudos
mwalker87015
3 3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Daniel. You seem to know what you're talking about, so perhaps you can help me.  I bought my Pavilion dv7-1260us a mere 5 weeks before HP began offering its Windows 7 upgrade offer. Consequently, I had to purchase a retail version to upgrade. Now, I cannot reinstall the original programs and features my laptop came with (specifically, the MediaSmart soft-touch button above my keyboard will not work, and I've lost the Cyberlink DVD Suite 6 program entirely).

Do you happen to know how I may reinstall the Cyberlink DVD Suite 6 program and get my MediaSmart soft-touch key to work again? No one at HP Customer Care (including their Case Managers) can help. When I contacted Cyberlink, they told me I had to contact HP (vicious circle there), OR I have to purchase the program ($120 I don't have).  I bought my laptop for school, and had to upgrade to Windows 7 because Vista Home Premium kept crashing (usually right in the middle of an online exam).

I would really like to have ALL of the programs and features working properly, but HP Customer Care will not help me unless I revert back to the unstable Vista Home Premium.

I greatly appreciate your assistance and hope you have a solution for me.

Sincerely,

Michael Walker

Albuquerque, NM

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation