cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jerelot
Level 2
15 9 0 2
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Solved!

Windows 7 RTM fingerprint reader and webcam driver status for TX2

HP Recommended
I read somewhere on HP's site that windows 7 drivers for this TX2 - 1027CA won't be available until October 2009. Still I am using it now, and the main system is running fine. There is an issue around the fingerprint reader, and possibly the webcam for me at this stage. Until HP delivers updated drivers, I wondered if there might be beta versions of drivers for the TX2 I might try. I'm willing to keep using windows 7, but I'd like to try to install updated drivers asap. That's possibly two months away, and one month into the OS availability to MSDN subscribers (many businesses and developers). I'm guessing there are some other people reading this list who have found what is and isn't possible on the TX2 today under 7. Would you mind giving us a brief run down on what drivers are working or not working? Fingerprint reader and webcam are of high interest for starters. My goal is to get working what can be working.
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Jebasingh_ADS
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

WebCam driver installation is not needed. You may use the MediaSmart WebCam software to test it

Link : ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp43501-44000/sp43591.exe

Fingerprint Driver (beta):

32 bit : http://win7beta.authentec.com/W7Wbf32.exe

64 bit : http://win7beta.authentec.com/W7Wbf64.exe

0 Kudos
Tags (2)
jerelot
Author
Level 2
15 9 0 2
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks very much. Just wanted to confirm that the fingerprint reader and webcam work fine.
0 Kudos
dynagix
3 3 0 1
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for posting this. This solved this issues i was having after my install of Windows 7.

0 Kudos
AGNAIRAVI
2 1 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear sir,

I am using hp 6910p laptop. here my finger print reader is not working. if i click your link. exe file is not there. pls sent me the 32 bit winows 7 fingerprint reader software to my mail id

{Personal Information Removed}

0 Kudos
Shriram
Level 1
3 3 0 3
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i am using a DV 6000 series system and, i just upgraded from windows vista to 7 and i could  find all drivers except the finger print reader driver. mine is a 32 bit system and the above link doesnt seem to work.

If you send me the driver to my email ID at {Personal Information Removed} then it would be of a great help to me

Cheerz...!!!

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
nagwa
2 2 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jerelot wrote:
I read somewhere on HP's site that windows 7 drivers for this TX2 - 1027CA won't be available until October 2009. Still I am using it now, and the main system is running fine. There is an issue around the fingerprint reader, and possibly the webcam for me at this stage. Until HP delivers updated drivers, I wondered if there might be beta versions of drivers for the TX2 I might try. I'm willing to keep using windows 7, but I'd like to try to install updated drivers asap. That's possibly two months away, and one month into the OS availability to MSDN subscribers (many businesses and developers). I'm guessing there are some other people reading this list who have found what is and isn't possible on the TX2 today under 7. Would you mind giving us a brief run down on what drivers are working or not working? Fingerprint reader and webcam are of high interest for starters. My goal is to get working what can be working.

0 Kudos
nagwa
2 2 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Jebasingh_ADS wrote:

WebCam driver installation is not needed. You may use the MediaSmart WebCam software to test it

Link : ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp43501-44000/sp43591.exe

Fingerprint Driver (beta):

32 bit : http://win7beta.authentec.com/W7Wbf32.exe

64 bit : http://win7beta.authentec.com/W7Wbf64.exe

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation