cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JimT
Level 6
595 539 31 56
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit (RTM) installed on iq508a successfully

HP Recommended

Hi All,

I just thought to share with anyone who is interested.  I have clean installed W7 Ultimate on my iq508a - I initially upgraded it and had some problems with the display, (only because I didn't install the iq508a vista driver) so I decided to re-install clean W7 which took no longer that roughly 15 minutes and a couple of reboots later.  I still had some issues with the display driver until I was advised that I should download and install the Vista 64bit iq508a display drivers from the HP download link for my computer.

I needed to extract the executable using winrar to a folder on my directory and then run from under the "src" directory the setup.exe.  This will install the Vista version of the display driver and after reboot this resolved the screen flickering.  I have since installed the keybaord driver and OSD (volume control, num lock etc,...) and all is working fine.

All in all this is all I needed to do to get everything working, and working it is! So much faster than Vista and also I think looks similar to Vista but there appears to be a lot more features...

In anycase, It was easy painless and a pleasent expereince overall...

If anyone is to upgrade they will need to extract thier display drivers and run the setup program from the "src" directory to fix any display driver issues...

Cheers

Jim

HP Elite X2 1012 G2, HP ENVY 17-j005tx Notebook, HP ENVY Recline 27-k001a, HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G2020T, HP MediaSmart EX495 Server, HP MediaVault 2020, HP ENVY 120 AiO Printer
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation