cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
scuzzicat
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Windows 7 Upgrade Download?

HP Recommended

Hi There,

I have purchased an HP Pavilion dv6, and am eligible for the windows 7 upgrade.

However I do not want to pay to get the software shipped to me, as I already have the ISO image available from work.

How can I get hold of just the CD key through the upgrade program?

Why do HP not make a digital upgrade process available for their users? Not everyone has the means or the time to wair for shipping.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
cnfrisch
Level 7
945 945 50 137
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

In order to participate in the HP Windows 7 Upgrade program, you'll have to follow the rules of the program.

Windows 7 Upgrade Option Program from HP
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows Expert - Consumer

0 Kudos
scuzzicat
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Carey,

"Rules"...as you put it, dont seem to add up in my mind. Why must I pay $40 in order to have Win 7 shipped to me (from USA to South Africa)...when I already have the ISO??

Surely, it would make good sense to simply supply a CD key to those who already have the installer?

Methinks HP charging an excessive delivery amount for a "free" promotion = poor business sense and poor customer care.

I am suprised there are no formal rules when it comes to having to pay HP for simply posting something on this forum.

0 Kudos
liew_adrew
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hei, i have a HP laptop from malaysia..... lolz saying free to upgrade, but gonna pay for the handling charges which is USD 19.99 (19.99 * 3.5 = RM 70), really feeling like what the F*CK for a media ship from singapore to malaysia for such a price.... really making me disapointed about HP services because as i know that if you have a eligible copy of retailer vista from microsoft, you will able to retrive the upgrade key and media for no charges from microsoft.... I think i batter support a crack copy of windows 7 home primium (as my machine preloaded with vista home primium) where the crack is easily available online (wow7).... hope their warrenty service in malaysia will not as sucks as this.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation