cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
LordSimpson
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Windows 7 Upgrade, will there be a 100% free Download option

HP Recommended

I Was just about to start the ordering process for my eligible laptop when i noticed im going to be charged ~£20 for shipping and handling. In the UK it is assumed that shipping and handling is free [or at the very most £5 which is usually for express next day delivery on a large-ish item] on items of this nature. So a £20 charge is an outrageous one I refuse to spend.

So my question boils down to, will there be a free download option for the upgrade, or a method to upgrade a vista "CD-Key" to a Windows 7 one as I will already have a windows 7 disk [of the exact type necessary for my laptop]. 

Message Edited by LordSimpson on 10-18-2009 11:40 AM
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Bob_Headrick
Level 16
Level 16
33,310 26,665 2,425 8,965
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
No, see here. 

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

willy27800
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Lordships wrote:

I Was just about to start the ordering process for my eligible laptop when i noticed IM going to be charged ~£20 for shipping and handling. In the UK it is assumed that shipping and handling is free [or at the very most £5 which is usually for express next day delivery on a large-sis item] on items of this nature. So a £20 charge is an outrageous one I refuse to spend.

So my question boils down to, will there be a free download option for the upgrade, or a method to upgrade a vista "CD-Key" to a Windows 7 one as I will already have a windows 7 disk [of the exact type necessary for my laptop]. 

Message Edited by Lordships on 10-18-2009 11:40 AM

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation