cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
squid13
Level 3
53 35 2 2
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

Windows 7 Upgrade

HP Recommended
If your elgible for the Windows 7 upgrade, what will you get from HP. Will you get a MicroSoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit upgrade disk or what? That's what I have.
Any day above the grass is a Great Day!
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Adamtech
Level 8
1,230 1,227 80 219
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
You will receive a Windows 7 Upgrade Kit. In this kit you will get a Windows 7 DVD, product key abd upgrade instructions. The 32bit vs. 64 bit will depend on what you unit currently has.

*Remember to mark your questions solved and click the "Kudos" star to show your thanks!

squid13
Author
Level 3
53 35 2 2
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank You for your response. have a great day
Any day above the grass is a Great Day!
0 Kudos
Adamtech
Level 8
1,230 1,227 80 219
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
You're most welcome! You do the same. :generic:

*Remember to mark your questions solved and click the "Kudos" star to show your thanks!

0 Kudos
LinuxArchitect
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Since the upgrade won't ship for laptop users for a few weeks, can we use a purchased upgrade instead and use the HP upgrade on a different system later? Or is the upgrade tied to HP hardware in some manner?

0 Kudos
LinuxArchitect
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok, no response. Let me be more exact with my question. If I install a retail upgrade without using the retail product key, can I use the HP supplied key when it arrives to activate the upgrade? If not (argh), can I install the HP supplied upgrade on any other system?

0 Kudos
ScoBrice
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi! Correct me if I am wrong, but I read somewhere that the upgrade you receive from HP under the upgrade scheme will be specific to YOUR system, therefore you won't be able use it on anything else. I'd definitely check first.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation