cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Changeling
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Windows 7 Upgrade

HP Recommended
Does anyone know how long HP's offer for free Windows 7 upgrade will last?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Gangles
Level 7
1,239 1,234 39 127
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
http://www.hp.com/united-states/consumer/windows7-upgrade/index.html
Signature:
I currently work on behalf of HP for numerous support departments. The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of myself, not of HP. There is no guarantee that the opinions expressed are 100% correct.
0 Kudos
Changeling
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks for the answer, but I still don't know how long the free upgrade offer will last & that's what I'm trying to find out.  I know Win 7 comes out on October 22, but I'm thinking of waiting a while to upgrade, kind of let the uproar subside a little bit.  Please tell me how long the free upgrade offer will last.
0 Kudos
Daniel_Potyrala
Level 13
10,920 10,838 772 4,463
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Check this link here.

"All new HP Pavilion, HP TouchSmart, HP HDX, HP G Series and Compaq Presario Notebook PCs sold between June 26, 2009 and January 31, 2010 with an eligible operating system -- Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Ultimate, or Windows Vista Business -- are eligible for the Windows 7 Upgrade Option Program from HP."

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
0 Kudos
DexterM
Level 10
4,502 4,478 304 1,048
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Just a little more info.

• Last day for customers to submit for an Upgrade Kit: February 15, 2010
  • Last day for customers to submit proof of purchase: March 1, 2010
  • I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
    ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
    † The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation