cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
BlackMercy
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 16
Flag Post

Solved!

Windows 7 and Blue Ray

HP Recommended

Hey, its my first time here so hi to all~

i have had windows 7 RC copy since its been released, and i love it. i had it on a clean installed and find it awesome, much better than vista but i have one problem, i cant run BLUE RAY DISCs. i have a program that can run it, but when i place the disc into the drive the program and windows says there is no disc present in the drive (Path E:/)  I can Run CDs and DVDs tho. Iv also tryed different BlueRays, Please Help ;____;

Spec:

windows7 64

HP Pavilion DV7 1014ca

Blueray drive: Optiarc BD ROM BC-5500s ATA

0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
BlackMercy
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

bump

0 Kudos
hd1
Level 2
11 10 2 3
Message 3 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended
ptrik3
Level 1
7 7 0 0
Message 4 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended
This is not a solution, it only states that there is no solution. Because you, mostlikely, have quickplay or another program that runs blu rays on your laptop you already have the blu ray license. It seems as though there needs to be an update on quickplay to make it compatible to run blu rays on windows 7. It is the same with vista, windows vista does not support blu ray, but you have a program that runs it and therefore you have the license.
0 Kudos
wes_notebooks
Level 10
Level 10
1,513 1,442 152 1,070
Message 5 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi all,

Try installing HP MediaSmart DVD Software 3.0 Rev. C from this url: 

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45170.exe.

More information about the file is here:  ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45170.html

Let us know if it works.

-Wes

I am an HP employee.
0 Kudos
Stopher27
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am running into the same problem. I have a DV7-1183cl and I cannot play blueray discs with Windows 7. I tried installing HP MediaSmart DVD Software 3.0 and now my BDROM will recognize the disc but it will not play it.

I get a message saying "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file."

Please advise, thank you.

0 Kudos
ptrik3
Level 1
7 7 0 0
Message 7 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I tried installing  HP MediaSmart DVD Software 3.0 Rev. C and it did not install any program DVD program. There was an error message saying it did not work with this version of windows.
0 Kudos
wes_notebooks
Level 10
Level 10
1,513 1,442 152 1,070
Message 8 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ptrik3,

Which model and os do you have?

-Wes

I am an HP employee.
0 Kudos
wes_notebooks
Level 10
Level 10
1,513 1,442 152 1,070
Message 9 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Stopher27,

What happens when you try to play the disc in MediaSmart?

-Wes

I am an HP employee.
0 Kudos
Stopher27
2 2 0 0
Message 10 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended
It tells me the format is not supported.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation