cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Hydrohs
Level 2
4 3 0 7
Message 1 of 36
Flag Post

Windows 7 and Bluetooth

HP Recommended
So I've been using the Windows 7 RC since it came out and just a few days agao my Bluetooth decided to stop working. It knows that it's there, but other than that I can't do anything with it. I can't view my devices, connect to anything or open its settings. I've tried installing quite a few different drivers and nothing has worked. Just wondering if anyone has had the same problem and found a solution or has any suggestions.
35 REPLIES 35
erico
Level 17
Level 17
47,969 41,846 4,651 12,425
Message 2 of 36
Flag Post
HP Recommended

press CTRL+ALT+S for your PC information and post it here. (it helps us help you :))

What are your specific Bluetooth devices?  (i.e. Dongle/Cell phone/mouse etc.) include the brand  and model numbermodel   

I am not an HP Employee.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Hydrohs
Author
Level 2
4 3 0 7
Message 3 of 36
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OS Name:    Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Version:    6.1.7100 Build 7100
Other OS Description:     Not Available
OS Manufacturer:    Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer :   Hewlett-Packard
System Model:    MCP67
System Type:    x64-based PC
Processor:    AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60, 2000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date:    Hewlett-Packard F.30, 24/04/2008
SMBIOS Version:    2.4
Windows Directory:    C:\Windows
System Directory:    C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device:    \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Hardware Abstraction Layer:    Version = "6.1.7100.0"
Installed Physical Memory (RAM):    Not Available
Total Physical Memory:    3.75 GB
Available Physical Memory:    2.15 GB
Total Virtual Memory:    7.50 GB
Available Virtual Memory:    5.67 GB
Page File Space:    3.75 GB

My Bluetooth device is the HP INtegrated one, besides that I don't know anything and I'm not sure how to find out. I'm trying ot connect, specifically, my mouse to it (Logitech V470) but it can't connect or find any devices at all.

Message Edited by Hydrohs on 06-09-2009 02:35 PM
Tags (1)
erico
Level 17
Level 17
Message 4 of 36
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What I was referring to with the CTRL+ALT+S is the if you hold down the CTRL and the ALT keys and while holding those keys down press the S key. Your actual Model name and Model number will pop up in a box. 

I didn't mean the Windows System Information, although it is nice to have extra information. 🙂

This is what comes up in a search with the system model you gave me. check it out

I am not an HP Employee.
Hydrohs
Author
Level 2
4 3 0 7
Message 5 of 36
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I wasn't sure because in WIndows 7 that is not a hotkey. So do you know if there's another way to access that info?
erico
Level 17
Level 17
Message 6 of 36
Flag Post
HP Recommended

On the bottom of your laptop there is a barcoded tag. On it you will find both Model name and model number.

I didn't realize that the keystroke combo didn't work in Win 7 RC. Now I know...Thanks 

Here is a link that will explain the tag 

Message Edited by erico on 06-09-2009 04:30 PM

EDIT by Katie_H (4/1/11): Fixed broken link

I am not an HP Employee.
Hydrohs
Author
Level 2
4 3 0 7
Message 7 of 36
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Oh that. dv9700, specifically dv9907ca.
erico
Level 17
Level 17
Message 8 of 36
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can you see your bluetooth adapter in device manager -->Network Adapters? 

Have you tried the Windows update to see if there are drivers there?

I am not an HP Employee.
CrazyIvan
2 2 0 1
Message 9 of 36
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have very similar problem. My laptop is HP 6830S with Windows 7 Ultimate v. 6.1.7600. Widows installed my integrated bluetooth device, and although device manager show there is bluetooth present I can't acces any of it's services or properties.Can't send or receive any of the file. I can't even open device and printer list in control panel while the bluetooth is installed. 

Any idea?

Oldhack
2 1 0 1
Message 10 of 36
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I want to go on record for having integrated bluetooth problems with my HDX16-1370us notebook and final retail Windows 7 Ultimate.  I downloaded and installed all of the HP website Windows 7 64 bit drivers once the main Windows 7 Ultimate installation was complete.  The bluetooth is on but when I ask it to discover bluetooth devices, it goes into an infinite loop scanning for something.  But it never sees my bluetooth headset which is in discover/pair mode.  Even when this notebook was running Vista 64 bit, the integrated bluetooth HP drivers would not function properly with my bluetooth devices.  I tried the trial version of Blue Soleil which did work and install all of the services needed.

I have another notebook from HP which is the HDX16-1200T.  It doesn't have integrated bluetooth so I bought an IOGEAR GBU221 usb adapter.  The new IOGEAR drivers for Windows Vista 64 and Windows 7 64 work perfectly with the GBU221.

Integrated bluetooth on my HDX16-1370us and Windows 7 Ultimate does not work in the discovery mode so adding new devices is impossible.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation