cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
MagicPinball
Level 1
4 3 0 4
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

Windows 7 and DV6500t (ICH8M LPC Interface Controller)

HP Recommended
I recently loaded (via dual boot) Windows 7 onto my HP dv6500t.  All went fine and all is working OK except for one issue.  In Device Manager, I have one unknown device.  Looking at its properties, it shows a location of: "ICH8M LPC Interface Controller - 2815" and the driver is unavailable.  I tried to use sp36881 (Intel Chipset Installation Utility for ICH8) from HP's site and this did not work.  Any help?
Message Edited by MagicPinball on 09-15-2009 09:00 AM
6 REPLIES 6
Daniel_Potyrala
Level 13
10,920 10,838 772 4,463
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try this drivers.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
MagicPinball
Author
Level 1
4 3 0 4
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Daniel,

I tried your suggestion.  It didn't work.  I am still getting an unknow device in Device Manager.  (on Intel(R) ICH8M LPC Interface Controller - 2815)  Anything else?

Daniel_Potyrala
Level 13
10,920 10,838 772 4,463
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Go to Control Panel -> Devices Manager

Click with right button of Your mouse on each yellow sign and choose properties. Then go to bottom details and paste here Hardware Ids. This way we will know what it is.

Below You've got example how to do it:

Device ID

Device ID

Device ID

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
MagicPinball
Author
Level 1
4 3 0 4
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well, I tried to paste from the snipping tool and it work.  I tried the "Insert/Edit Image" tool button and I can't get that to work. 

Anyway, here are the Hardware IDS you wanted:

ACPI\HPQ0006

*HPQ0006

I see that one of the IDs is ACPI.  My power features work OK.

Daniel_Potyrala
Level 13
10,920 10,838 772 4,463
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
HP Quick Launch Buttons here

MagicPinball
Author
Level 1
4 3 0 4
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you.

OK.  That seem to work.  Now what magic chart gave you the map from those IDs to the Quick Launch Buttons?

Appreciate your help.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation