cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
MattMJB0188
Level 3
40 31 2 2
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Windows 7 and HP Drivers

HP Recommended

I was wondering when HP sends out the Windows 7 upgrade disc will it come with a Seperate Upgrade Media disc that contains all your system's drivers for Windows 7?  You know like it will have your sound card, video, wireless, fingerprint reader drivers designed for Windows 7?

Also when you get the Upgrade Disc will there be an option for a clean install.  I mean of course Vista will be installed already but can 7 erase your data and install fresh?  Thanks

P.S.  Is the onboard Sound Card on the HDX16t IDT or Realtek? 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Gangles
Level 7
1,239 1,234 39 127
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
At this time HP is not offering the upgrade discs. Check around the end of september early october when Microsoft officially releases 7. We have no official date as of yet
Signature:
I currently work on behalf of HP for numerous support departments. The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of myself, not of HP. There is no guarantee that the opinions expressed are 100% correct.
0 Kudos
MattMJB0188
Author
Level 3
40 31 2 2
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Well if they don't then how do they know all the drivers will work correctly in 7?
0 Kudos
Daniel_Potyrala
Level 13
10,920 10,838 772 4,463
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@MattMJB0188,

You've got IDT audio drivers.

Vista drivers should work for You under Windows 7.

Vista 32 bit -> Win 7 32 bit

Vista 64 bit -> Win 7 64 bit

How to find audio drivers for Your model on HP site?

1. Click on Support & Drivers link. (Upper part of this page.)

2. Choose option: Download drivers and software (and firmware)

3. In form:

Enter a product name / number

For product

provide Your p/n number. (How to find correct p/n informations here.)

4. Click on Go and choose Your correct system.

5. If You don't want to do this on and on just add this link to Your favourites links in Your browser.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
0 Kudos
MattMJB0188
Author
Level 3
40 31 2 2
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK, so you are in fact confirming that the HDX 16t comes with IDT sound?  Is that better than Realtek?  My last HP notebook which was a DVD6500t had sound stuttering issues with Realtek. 

Anyway, if HP doesn't include a driver disc will I be able to look my system up and see the Windows 7 OS listed, where I currently see Vista and Vista 64 bit listed?  Of course once Windows 7 is out on Oct 22.

0 Kudos
Daniel_Potyrala
Level 13
10,920 10,838 772 4,463
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I think then realtek have better support then IDT.

After Oct 22 there should be drivers for Your model on HP site for Your model.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
0 Kudos
nighthawkCL
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
NOT ALL VISTA DRIVERS ARE WINDOWS 7 Friendly.   Beware  Kaspersky, Norton and, McAfee have memory usage issue also in Windows 7.   I am currently running Windows 7 RC on my CTO DV7T.  Beware about customer support on HP Laptops with Windows 7 installed.  They will just remove the harddrive and replace it with a Vista Installed Drive.  Drive Quality will not match removed drive either.   If they do not try to claim a warranty violation for the windows 7 being installed.  Just got done dealing with the issues.  lost my WD 250gb 7200  due to it and ended up with a Seagate 250gb 5400 in place.  AVG SBS works the best with Vista x64 and Windows 7 x64.  
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation