cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
KennyV
Level 1
1 0 0 5
Message 1 of 85
Flag Post

Windows 7 and HP Solution Center

HP Recommended

I just moved from Windows VISTA to Windows 7 RC.  Having issues with my HP photosmart 7280c and HP solution center.  I am unable to install HPSC.  Anyone else experience this issue?  HP support wasn't much help at all, which I don't expect them to be with Win7.  My main issue is scanning.  Even if I try to scan directly connected to the printer, i am getting an error.

84 REPLIES 84
bassel
Level 1
3 3 0 2
Message 2 of 85
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I am seeing the same problem with Windows 7 64-bit as well.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
justin198226
1 1 0 1
Message 3 of 85
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Download the software from hp.com for windows vista for the unit I did this with my C5180.

Right click on the setup file and then go to properties  and then go to compatability and run in windows Vista SP 2 compatability.

And then run the setup file and everything should install fine I then installed a newer version of software ontop for a c6380 as i wanted  the new scanning features in that software.

bassel
Level 1
3 3 0 2
Message 4 of 85
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Many thanks. It worked. I had to uninstalled it and then install it again as you described.
OreProductions
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 85
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I just upgraded to windows 7 and my Hp scanjet G3110 and my printer does not work, and I am a photographer I need this to work and the HP Solution Center has no Solutions for me Get it together HP
bassel
Level 1
3 3 0 2
Message 6 of 85
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Did you try the steps described by justin198226 above. If it still doesn't work, can you describe what your experience.
burtirvine
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 85
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I did as you said but when I went to install it wouldn't as it said I wasn't the admin.  I'm the only one who uses the computer and it's set up as User Admin.  What can I do?
SophiaS
Level 5
176 174 11 41
Message 8 of 85
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I believe you need this document that includes instructions after upgrading:

Resolving HP Solution Center Scan and Product Status Issues After Upgrading Windows Vista to Windows...

Here is why I believe this will work -
1) you mentioned you upgraded
2) when printer software is upgraded from Vista to Win7, there is a component that is deleted in the upgrade process.
3) If you are not already on v13, it is important you get the latest software - this also will replace the missing file and you will have the Win7 software designed for your printer.

Hope that helps.

If I have helped you solve your issue please mark it as solved .....

(I am an HP employee)
shelleydan
Level 1
3 3 0 3
Message 9 of 85
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 on a pretty new HP computer & I have an HP Photosmart 3210 printer.  It took me weeks to find & apply all of the fixes to the printer installation but I had it working perfectly.  All of a sudden the HP Solution Center is saying 'HP Solution Center cannot run because your device installtion is not complete'.  My printer is connected via hard wired network.  The printer is in the network area, I can reach the printer's web page, the digital image monitor is working, I can print out of applications.  The only thing with an issue is the HP Solution Center.  Can someone help?  I've read on the internet that reinstalling the software does not fix this problem.
SophiaS
Level 5
176 174 11 41
Message 10 of 85
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi shellydan,

I believe you need this document that includes instructions after upgrading:
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01887712

Win 7 software for HP Photosmart 3210

Here is why I believe this will work -
1) you mentioned you upgraded
2) when printer software is upgraded from Vista to Win7, there is a component that is deleted in the upgrade process.
3) If you are not already on v13, it is important you get the latest software - this also will replace the missing file and you will have the Win7 software designed for your printer.

4) There is a fix for the Solution Center prompting that install is incomplete.

If I have helped you solve your issue please mark it as solved .....

(I am an HP employee)
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation