cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
eddiegiese
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Windows 7 and dv4-1125nr TrackPad - scrolling won't work

HP Recommended
I have installed all the latest drivers via HP support's website and the trackpad's scrolling won't work on my dv4-1125nr when in Windows 7. It works fine in Vista, so I'm wondering if there is a way to get it working properly in Win 7. Also the software update manager is not available for download under my model number. If that was available, perhaps that would find a necessary download and install accordingly. Any help is greatly appreciated as this is a major annoyance!! Thanks!
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Daniel_Potyrala
Level 13
10,920 10,838 772 4,463
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Uninstall Your current driver and install this one below:

Synaptics touchpad for Win7 by HP here

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
0 Kudos
Praveen_Kumar
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Daniel, thanks for your post, recently I also upgraded my laptop(dv4-1125nr) from vista to Win 7 ultimate, after then my touchpad(touch keys just above the keyboard, it contain mute, vol. up or down, wireless active or inactive) is not able to work.

You informed that we need uninstall and then install Synaptics touchpad for Win7 by HP here

I would like to know which driver i need to uninstall and then install above one and even i attached my laptop contral panel screen shot for your reference. your help is highly appreciated.pgms.png

Thanks,

Praveen Kumar. K

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation