cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
rcgnrcp
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Windows 7 and wireless connectivity

HP Recommended

Hi All,

Using a Pavillion dv6125se.

I don't know if anyone else is having problems but, here's mine, and part of the solution:

Using Windows 7 RC, fully updated, everything runs ticky boo until the computer hibernates after the critical battery warning.  When restarted, it cannot connect to the wireless network, despite showing excellent signal strength.  Resetting the adapter makes no difference, nor does restore.  The troubleshooter is moronic, suggesting I check to see if the network is in range when it's own utility is showing excellent signal etc etc.  Not impressed with this aspect of 7, although the rest (running 64 bit) is pretty good and fast.

The only solution to this is giving the machine the proverbial finger and forcing a hard reset by holding down the power button.  Then the machine hiccoughs a few times before connecting and everything is fine.  (Until the next Hibernate!)  Stand by doesn't exhibit the same symptoms.  The troubleshooter seems to think there is a problem with the Broadcom driver, although updating the driver made the problem worse, i.e. had to re-install Windows 7 to get network back again.

I've had only an occasional problem with wireless and XP, generally resolved by resetting the adaptor or choosing the "repair" option.

HELLO HP!!! WINDOWS SEVEN IS THE NEXT BIG THING IN OPERATING SYSTEMS. AS ONE OF THE BIGGEST LAPTOP MANUFACTURERS, IT BEHOOVES YOU TO GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!

Good luck to all.

Rob.

3 REPLIES 3
samschilling
Level 6
524 516 11 54
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
You can't fault HP because you upgraded your computer to an unreleased operating system and now it's not working like you hope.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Fl4k3s
4 3 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Samschilling, you cannot just say that it FOR SURE cant be HP's fault. I am running Windows 7 on my laptop, and am having loads of difficulty with my Wireless connection. You cannot just for close that an operating system can fry a wireless card. 

For mine, it was working beautifully and then one dark day it all went bad for no reason what so ever. If you can help with my problem, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks 🙂 

Fl4k3s
4 3 0 1
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Ignore my problem posted above 🙂
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation