cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
larrybed4
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Windows 7 c6180 drivers for scanning over network

HP Recommended
OK Windows 7 will be available for me on Aug 6th so now where are the drivers so I can fax,scan over the network??? I installed the software using compatibility mode on my RC install for Vista BUT only the printer works over the network. I got to tell Ya HP I've been through this before with Vista and no drivers on HP Scanner that's why I had to purchase the c6180. So now I have the same issue with Windows 7. This is CRAP!
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
nuno0351
2 2 0 0
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

+1 on this!!!

Nice that Win7 detected the printer and installed it automatically etc.

It even has that nice multi function icon for it!

So it KNOW it's a multi function right?  And you guys wrote drivers for it...so what happened to the scanning capability?  Nothing funky, just TWAIN scanning over the network!

Win7 is finallized and out and it's good, don't be the manufacturer  that drops the ball and doesn't provide proper drivers for it's equimente!!! 

BTW this includes x64 which is what I (and I'm sure most) others will install.

0 Kudos
BryanB
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Make that +2.  Win7 can detect the printer and print to it but there is zero multifunction.  Come on, HP, get with the program and actually support your customers with functional products.  
0 Kudos
DexterM
Level 10
4,502 4,478 304 1,048
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Since teh printer is connected to the network, are you guys aware of teh webscan feature?
I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
0 Kudos
nuno0351
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi DexterM,

Yes I'm aware of the webscan feature provided by the printers web interface, but I really need it to work with all printing software via TWAIN.

My bank provides a deposit at home feature that allows me to scan a check via a Java plug-in on their site and deposit it in my accounts.

It doesn't allow you to upload an image or anything like that, so using the webscan feature for this is impossible.

Personally I would think that HP would put out Win7 drivers as soon as RTM was available and let us early adopters test them.  Even if they marked them as Beta etc, I would be OK with that.  This way by the time Oct. 22nd comes around, they would have well tested drivers ready to ship to the masses.

Regards,

0 Kudos
DexterM
Level 10
4,502 4,478 304 1,048
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Well if you want TWAIN scanning, then the full drivers needs to be installed. This will create a scanner icon under Scanners and Cameras. The best you can try is to install the software in Vista Compatibility mode. I really wish I could provide another workaround, but I havent tested network scanners with Win 7 at all. I vaguely remember an option to install a network scanner somewhere, so i'll check it out when i get home today.
I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation