cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Hemi_8
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Windows 7 install

HP Recommended
I have a new HP Pavilion Elite computer. I have a signature edition of Windows 7 Ultimate and want to install it. Should be simple, but how do I reinstall the Norton antivirus and other software that came with the computer. I know it is stored on the Recovery Partition.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
PC_Tester
Level 7
1,475 1,465 35 112
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you do an upgrade from Windows Vista Home Premium to Ultimate, all your applications should be there. Make sure you run NAV LiveUpdate prior to upgrading to Windows 7.

If you're doing a clean install or custom install, you will not be able to reinstall the other software that's in the recovery partition.

0 Kudos
ralphh
3 3 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What was there before should be there after unless you uninstall it due to it not being compatible.

P.S. why would anybody have Norton anti-virus? What a lousy company, they had to make a special program to uninstall their antivirus software from many PC's. I know, because I made several dollars uninstalling Norton antivirus.

Good luck

Ralphh

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation