cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
nomowork
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Windows 7 printer support

HP Recommended
I have been searching the HP site, but am unable to find out which HP printers will be supported by Windows 7.  I have 2 printers, an HP 1018 laserjet, and a Deskjet 5940.  I've run the Windows 7 compatibility software and it tells me those 2 printers are not supported.
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Charles001
Level 11
Level 11
3,008 2,997 220 361
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

**Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
0 Kudos
gdirty
Level 4
83 83 2 11
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
All you have to do is download the Vista drivers and the printer will work!
Specializing in Microsoft Windows.....Supporting all major OEMs including HP
0 Kudos
stuartbennett
Level 1
9 6 0 0
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i have a HP Photosmart C5180 all in one printer i recently upgraded to windows 7, i tried using the vista drivers but that doesn't work, where can i obtain the proper windows 7 drivers from? currently to get around the problem i have reconfigured my dads pc for multibooting so if i need to print i boot his pc into windows xp and print over the network seeing as this printer connects via ethernet it seemed the most sensable solution for now, anything else and he boots into windows 7 like i do.

however i would like to get away from the need for multibooting as soon as is humanly possible.

0 Kudos
GigaMike
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Windows Vista will work in Windows 7.

That's what you need to do, it's simple:

1. Download Vista driver for your device.

2. Manually unpack files to any folder.

3. Right click on executable file - Properties. Tab Compatibility. Select "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and select Windows Vista. (You may need administrator privileges to do that). Click OK.

4. That's all. Run this file and install driver as usual. This way you can install almost any device, not only printer.

(I have LaserJet 1018 working well)

Message Edited by GigaMike on 07-14-2009 06:21 AM
0 Kudos
stuartbennett
Level 1
9 6 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
i installed the vista drivers in compatability mode for windows vista and with admin rights and it still will not print from within windows 7, any other ideas on how to get my printer working?
0 Kudos
RasterBlaster
Level 11
Level 11
2,604 2,587 187 712
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you try using the basic Print and Scan driver?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-46081-3&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...

I am an HP employee expressing my own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
0 Kudos
stuartbennett
Level 1
9 6 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
i have only ever used the "HP Photosmart Full Feature Software and Drivers" for vista 32bit, the reason being i connect via a network cable and the download your suggesting says no network therefore would render me unable to print to it anyway even if the drivers were to work. any other ideas?
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation