Today I applied for my Windows 7 upgrade and was eligible. Unfortunately I did not write down my order ID # because I thought it would be on my email. My spam filter ended up deleting it so now I am left with no order ID number.. How can I retrieve it?
Also, I did not follow the steps to submit my proof of purcahse because my printer is not hooked up to this compuer. In the FAQ it says to follow the steps told earlier but I do not have those steps so what do I do?
- By any chance did you print the cover letter? If so, the Order ID was on it, OR
- Wait for the order confirmation e-mail from Arvato. It will be sent to you any day now. With that, you will get your Order ID, OR
- contact Arvato. If you call, have the serial number and e-mail used when creating your order.
As far as submitting your proof of purchase, you can log into your account (after any of the, above, options are taken to obtain your Order ID). Then, the options for submitting your proof of purchase are offered again.
- Print the cover letter which includes the fax # and mail-in address to fax/mail-in your proof of purchase, OR
- upload an electronic copy of your proof of purchase.
The easiest option may be to wait for the confirmation e-mail and logging into your account with the Order ID within the e-mail.
Message Edited by eClaire on 07-29-2009 12:06 AM
HP employee who is speaking for myself and not for HP.