cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Windows 7 will not allow me to recovery to factory settings

HP Recommended
MY  DVD's will not work to recover system setup.   F11 does not work at all .. I still have the recover partition on my hard drive... Should I reformt my hard drive and use my recovery disks to get back Vista ??? This is a good one... Can someone please help me ....
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 7
1,250 1,246 55 161
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Download Copywipe for DOS and burn to CD.  Reboot with this CD to zero-fill the hard drive.  Now use the Vista recovery CDs to reload Vista.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
4,535 4,502 384 1,081
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You can try this...it might work if you've not deleted the "hidden" files.

1. Boot to the desktop, go to the start menu, right-click on "computer" and select manage. 
  2. This will launch the Microsoft Management Console. 
  3. On the left side of the MMC, click on "Disk Management" and then it will show you all of the partitions and hard drives in the unit.
  4. Right-click on the "HP Recovery" partition and select "Mark as Active Partition." 
  5. When the warning prompt appears, select "Yes" - Then reboot the notebook and it will automatically boot into the Recovery Manager without having to press F11.
  6.  Perform the recovery as usual and then everything will be normal again.

This will only work as long as the Recovery Partition hasn't been modified or the "Recovery" file deleted.

If you can't get to Disk Management following the instructions, try this article for help finding it.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation