cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
MichRT
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Windows 8 Release Preview touchpad gesture support: LuxPad

HP Recommended

Windows 8 Release preview introduced many new gestures: touchpad gestures to pull up the app bar, the charms bar, the start menu, etc. Synaptics even provides a site descibing it in detail: http://www.synaptics.com/solutions/technology/windows8/

Here is another example, for more information: http://www.winsupersite.com/article/windows8/windows-8-release-preview-trackpad-gesture-support-1432...

As it turns out, companies such as Lenovo and Samsung have provided beta drivers for their touchpads to use Windows 8's new fetures (Lenovo having a synaptics device).

I have an HP ProBook 4530s with a Synaptics LuxPad v7.5, and I was wondering: Am I going to get new drivers capable of executing these gestures? If so, would they be provided by HP, or Synaptics? Also, when would I see these drivers, or get to use them? Even if beta drivers, I would love to test them.

At any rate, any answers would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Daniel_Potyrala
Level 13
10,920 10,838 772 4,463
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Uninstall the current driver for the Synaptics TouchPad and restart the system.

Resource:
Uninstalling Software in Windows 7

Uninstall or change a program in Windows 7

Install the latest Synaptics TouchPad driver from here (ver 16.0.1.0).

Restart the system and check the result.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
0 Kudos
MichRT
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did exactly as you said: unimstalled the original drivers, restarted, installed the new drivers you provided, restarted. No luck. Upon restart, the touchpad indicator light in the top left corner of the touchpad is lit orange (as if it's deactivated). The touchpad works, but scrolling and any other gesture doesn't. Upon opening "Mouse" in control panel, It gives me an error saying the driver is incompatible. MS upate reverts the driver to version 15.3.25.0. What can I do?

0 Kudos
Daniel_Potyrala
Level 13
10,920 10,838 772 4,463
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Use the Compatibility Mode and select the Windows 7 system.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
0 Kudos
MichRT
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Awesome, so I did as you said (ran it in Win 7 campatability) and as administrator. The drivers work, all configured, except I don't see the Windows 8 gestures I refered to. the closest thing are the corner buttons, but that isn't the same as Windows 8 slide-in touchpad gestures.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation