cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ratterberry
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Windows 8

HP Recommended

Windows 8 will not install on Pavilion MS213 All in One states DVD driver needs updated

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Vvj
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Then just go to windows 7, update the driver from either entering the your computers model number or by using, if you have, the HP support assistant. When the new driver is installed, you can try re-instsalling windows 8. It probably should work!! 😄

0 Kudos
PC_Tester
Level 7
1,475 1,465 35 112
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

DVD drivers are inbox provided by the Operating System.  Do you have a 3rd party driver loaded (e.g. cd/dvd burning filter or a cd/dvd emulator/virtual driver)? Try installing clean installing Windows 8 with another hard drive.

0 Kudos
HOODY
Level 4
144 142 0 12
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I have something else I'm wondering, as I now have my Install Disk burned from the download of W8 and were looking at each other wondering what to do next lol.

I'm wondering if anybody with one of these HP laptops that come with 4 partitions have done a duel boot thing. And if so which partition did you remove to allow for a new partition to be made. The D drive recovery, or the HP-Tools E drive. And did it have any adverse effect.

I ask because I'd rather keep my W7 as it is and useable when needed for certain hardware not compatable driver wise with 8, but also have 8 to get used to and hope for hardware drivers.

So I hold on to my W8 install CD, and keep wondering. I got it mainly because I couldn't pass up $14.99 for a New Pro OS that is expected to go to 200 after feb.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation