cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Jbag
Level 1
8 4 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Windows seven recovery /install

HP Recommended

Windows seven recovery

Hi everyone I had a question that I’m sure has been answered many times, I’m new to these forms so give me a break lol. I just bought a HDX x16-1353 and I made recovery disk in vista. I really enjoy the fact that after the install Hp software kicks in and installs all the necessary drivers. What I don’t like is that fact that is it a factory image, so once installed you have to update everything again (HP programs, drivers). I’m planning on buying windows 7 ultimate and I’d like to install fresh in this manner, how do I do this? Must I install windows 7, then download each driver form hp and then make a recovery disk? Or is there a way i can install windows 7 and right at the end of the install have HP software take over like my vista disks and finish the install with everything i need. I also don’t want to include certain progs like Norton. Let me know what you guys think

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
cnfrisch
Level 7
945 945 50 137
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Assuming you plan on purchasing Windows 7 Ultimate Upgrade, you would begin a "clean install" by booting to your Windows Vista desktop.  While at the desktop, insert the Windows 7 Ultimate Upgrade disc in the DVD drive and select Custom Install (this begins the process for what is essentially a clean install of Windows 7).  After the installation is complete, visit the Windows Update web site (the Windows Update icon will be in the Control Panel) and click on Scan for Updates.  Install all the updates, then visit HP Support & Drivers to download any additional/available Windows 7 drivers designed for your specific HP computer model.

After you are satisfied that your computer is completed updated, you can create a System Image of your hard drive using the tools available in all versions of Windows 7.  For details, please see:

How to Create a System Image Backup in Windows 7

and

How to Do a System Image Recovery in Windows 7 
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows Expert - Consumer

0 Kudos
Jbag
Author
Level 1
8 4 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank you very very much !
0 Kudos
mina_s_dino
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i losd my recovery make copy to fail d  cant go bak to my recov 

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation