cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
CharlyGK7
Level 1
3 2 1 2
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post

Solved!

Windows7 Sound drivers for DV7-1285DX

HP Recommended
Hello

I installed Windows7 on my DV7-1285DX laptop in order to test the new OS. I-d like to know where can I get some sound drivers that will make my laptop-s speakers to work properly.

At first I noticed how the sound lacked bass. Then I searched and installed driver sp41698.exe  but then I only hear the bass speaker and the mute icon on the quicklauch panel on the laptop is always lit orrange/red and it won-t change color; it does mute the sound (bass speaker). The main spealers  are not producing sound.

any ideas on how to fix this?  I'd appreciate it.

thanks 😃
9 REPLIES 9
BerserkLeon
1 1 0 1
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I'm having the same problem. It seems everything sounds ok when I have headphones in but the speakers sound blown.
Asher-RadarSync
1 1 0 1
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Actually our RadarSync - Free Edition is now detecting Windows 7 drivers, you may like to try it.  radarsync.com
iJerseys
1 1 0 1
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Have you got this speaker issue resolved yet, as I am having the same problem.
CharlyGK7
Author
Level 1
3 2 1 2
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended
yes it's resolved. The thing is I don't know exactly how I did it. I think I reinstalled drivers like crazy until it somehow fixed itself. I was also having problems with the touch-bar where the MediaSmart, Volume, and rewind, play/pause, forward, stop icons are displayer. I had the muted orange volume light always displayed and it fixed itself also..

I really don't know how. But feel free to contact me if you need further assistance with win7 and this laptop model.

saludos
Message Edited by WendyM on 07-10-2009 09:15 AM
Giridhar
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

The model of your 

HP Pavilion dv7-1285dx Entertainment Notebook PC is shipped with Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit with Service Pack 1 and it has IDT High-Definition Audio CODEC Driver installed. Please try the same driver for Windows 7.

Here is the link to download IDT High-Definition Audio CODEC Driver:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp41001-41500/sp41398.exe 

Regards smileyvery-happy:

Giridhar.s 

0 Kudos
Calis
3 3 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I bought a refurbished dv7-1279wm from Woot.com, it came with vista.  I didn't even boot it.  I immediately installed Windows 7 on it.  I used the Vista 64 drivers for most of the devices, but it still just never quite sounded right.  I realized after a while that the subwoofer wasn't working.  The config showed it was there, but nothing played through it.  I just tried this driver and now the subwoofer works...it doesn't show up in config, so I can't set the bass only to divert to it, but it sounds a great deal better than it did.  I think I can live with it until the proper drivers come out. Thanks!!
0 Kudos
AliciaM30
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi i havent downloaded anything on my computer yet but i had a couple of ?s i turned my computer on and there is no sound it worked lastnite i check all plugs and i restarted  it did sound check it says sound is working but nothing is coming out of my speakers can someone help me out plzzzz??????????????

0 Kudos
petitloup13100
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey  !!! I'm sorry for my English i'm French !!! I have exactly the same probleme the sound is very bad on my Dv7

The sound up and down badly !!! But when i plug my headphone the is perfect !

What can i do for fix it ???

Thanks you very much to help me

Morgan

0 Kudos
porcelain808
Level 1
14 11 0 0
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Giridhar wrote:

Hi,

The model of your 

HP Pavilion dv7-1285dx Entertainment Notebook PC is shipped with Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit with Service Pack 1 and it has IDT High-Definition Audio CODEC Driver installed. Please try the same driver for Windows 7.

Here is the link to download IDT High-Definition Audio CODEC Driver:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp41001-41500/sp41398.exe 

Regards smileyvery-happy:

Giridhar.s 

This is the solution for users who upgrade from Vista to W7! I had the specific problem of very low volume from the on-board speakers despite the fact that I had all the different volumes, including the IDT volume, cranked up. This problem did not apply to the headphones - they sounded fantastic even when the on-board volume wouldn't put out much sound. Installed this driver, and pow! Thanks, Giridhar.s!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation