cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Rich2009
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

c6280 printer and windows 7

HP Recommended

all the software work except for a levels of the ink program(hp soultion center) for this printer it says not compatible with windows 7.

is there anyway i can get it to work? is there an option on the printer for this? or is there another program i can use to see how much i have left..

thank yoi

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
DexterM
Level 10
4,502 4,478 304 1,048
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Press the Setup button on the printer and navigate to Tools>Display Ink Guage, and you can see the ink levels on the printer itself.
I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
Rich2009
Author
6 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
thank you very much
0 Kudos
davegeorge1961
Level 1
4 3 1 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Refer bac to my post regarding similar issue with Photosmart All-In-One series.(See Photosmart 4200 and Windows 7)  I was eventually able to get my printer up and running as per the directions (and some minor adjustments) given to me,  It may help you.  Afterall what have you got to lose
0 Kudos
Rich2009
Author
6 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
i saw your post,,,does your window come up on screen{monitor) that tells ya about the ink levels?
0 Kudos
davegeorge1961
Level 1
4 3 1 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Yes mate. It does tell me my ink levels as well as brings up the HP Photosmart essentials software, not that your printer may have that software as part of the installation.  As a consequence of changing my compatability to run the setup.exe to windows XP I now get full functionality as I did when running Windows Vista.  I hope it helps you.
0 Kudos
Rich2009
Author
6 3 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
ok what am i doing wrong,,,i tried what you had in your pre, post but the ink levels program still does not work! any ideas?
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation