cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Ali_vip
5 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

hp 5443 Deskjet and Windows 7

HP Recommended
I own a type of printer HP 5443 model I tried in every way to make the printer work Boiling and Windows 7 but to no avail ... Previously, the printer works well on Windows Vista and all kinds ... what do I recommend you delete the Windows 7 and return to Windows Vista or wait until the software for the printer ...
What is the period in which the ink is dry If you leave the printer without the useing ??

Sorry if there was a spelling error, because I do not speak English well

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Bob_Headrick
Level 16
Level 16
33,310 26,665 2,425 8,965
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ali_vip wrote:
I own a type of printer HP 5443 model I tried in every way to make the printer work Boiling and Windows 7 but to no avail ... Previously, the printer works well on Windows Vista and all kinds ... what do I recommend you delete the Windows 7 and return to Windows Vista or wait until the software for the printer ...

This page indicates the Deskjet 5400 series printer drivers are available in Windows Update.  You can get the driver by going to the Printers folder, Add Printer, select local port, LPT1: temporarily then when the list of printers appears select Windows Update.  This will take several minutes, then the list will be updated.  At this point you could Cancel the install and connect the USB port and the printer should be installed.  If you have a dial-up or other slow connection the Windows Update method may be too slow.  In this case you can use Internet Explorer  to access the Windows Catalog Update site and search for HP Deskjet 5400 Windows 7.   The catalog site is a bit difficult to use, there are lots of drivers presented.  I would suggest selecting the latest version and among the choices look for the proper architecture (32 or 64 bit).

What is the period in which the ink is dry If you leave the printer without the using ??

It will depend on a number of factors, including the temperature and humidity of storage of the printer.  I would expect that in normal conditions the cartrdiges would be fine if not printed for one month.  If the cartrdiges were left for three months you may need to run a cleaning cycle from the toolbox.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation