cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Ali_vip
5 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

hp 5443 driver for Win 7

HP Recommended
Please I have hp Printer Model 5443 but not working in win 7 please i need driver for it ..... 
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Bob_Headrick
Level 16
Level 16
33,306 26,661 2,425 8,957
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ali_vip wrote:
Please I have hp Printer Model 5443 but not working in win 7 please i need driver for it ..... 

If you are using the Windows 7 RTM the Deskjet 5400 series printer is built in.  If this does not show up try the following: go  to the Printers folder, Add Printer, Local Printer, LPT1: (even though a USB printer) and then when the list of printers comes up choose "Windows Update".  This will take several minutes without any indication of progress, but when it completes there will be an updated list of printers available (including 650+ HP models).  At this point cancel the installation, then connect the printer to the computer.  If it does not properly find the printer now through plug and play then go back to "Add Printer, choose local port and select the proper USB port, then select the DEskjet 5400 series printer from the list of HP (not Hewlett-Packard) printers.

Regards,

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging

Message Edited by Bob_Headrick on 09-06-2009 09:09 AM

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

0 Kudos
Ali_vip
Author
5 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Done so and did not succeed with me
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation