cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
omarthegrad
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

hp not honering windows 7 transition

HP Recommended

Hi Everyone,

I have a question... so I bought an hp pavillion elite desktop pc.  I purchased it fromt he online store on 7/25/09 and it has Windows Vista Home Premium (64 bit).  Shouldn't it qualify for the upgrade to windows 7?

This is the quote from the website:

All new HP Pavilion, HP TouchSmart and Compaq Presario Desktop PCs sold between June 26, 2009 and January 31, 2010 with an eligible operating system -- Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Ultimate, or Windows Vista Business -- are eligible for the Windows 7 Upgrade Option Program from HP.

The majority of refurbished HP Pavilion, HP TouchSmart and Compaq Presario Desktop PCs sold during this period with an eligible operating system are also eligible for the Windows 7 Upgrade Option Program from HP, although some older refurbished models are not eligible.  To determine whether your refurbished HP desktop PC is eligible, please click Order/Check Status and the ordering site will inform you of your eligbility.

ALL NEW HP PAVILLION DESKTOP PCs

I beleive my computer is a hp pavillion desktop pc.  If for some reason it is indeed not eligible I believe I was mislead by your website.  My PC has Vista Home Premium (64 bit) so there should be no problem.  It says that all pavillion desktops are eligible.. no exception is mentioned. 

I honestly only bought my pc because I thought I would be able to upgrade it to windows 7.. I could have gone with dell who clearly labels the computers that can be upgraded while ordering.  I feel misled in my purchase and still feel that this computer should be upgradable.  Is it a mistake on their part? or was my computer not covered somehow? In that case.. does anyone know who I can contact about returns? Because if my computer is not covered.. I really don't want it and probably will not go with hp again. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
omarthegrad
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Sean : Welcome to HP Total Care for Desktops. My name is Sean. Please give me a minute while I review your problem description details.Omar  : okSean : Hi Omar, how are you doing today?Omar  : good just annoyed with this issueSean : If I understand the issue correctly, you have upgraded the system to Windows 7 and now it's not working, am I correct?Omar  : no.. I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium( 64bit)Omar  : my issue is with signing up for the windows 7 upgrade programOmar  : it detects my pc as not eligibleSean : Not to worry, I will definitely try my level best to provide you with the needful information.Omar  : thank youSean : May I have the product and the serial number of the computer please?Omar  : Product Number:
Serial Number:
Omar  : this is the message I received: Reason: Your product is not on the HP Eligible Systems list.
Product Number: Serial Number:
Sean : Thank you for providing me the information.Sean : May I know the date of purchase please?Omar  : 7/25/09Sean : May I place the chat on hold for 5 minutes while I pull out the information regarding your computer.Omar  : uhm, okSean : Thank you.Sean : Thank you for being online Omar, let me inform you that there are only selected models that can be upgraded to Windows 7.Sean : Let me provide you a link which will give you the complete information regarding the eligible models.Sean : http://www.hp.com/united-states/consumer/windows7-upgrade/eligmodels.htmlOmar : I think it's also important to mention that the only reason I bought this pc is because I thought it was eligible, the webpage regarding eligible pcs mentions: "All new HP Pavilion, HP TouchSmart and Compaq Presario Desktop PCs sold between June 26, 2009 and January 31, 2010 with an eligible operating system -- Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Ultimate, or Windows Vista Business -- are eligible for the Windows 7 Upgrade Option Program from HP." HP Pavillion Desktops are the first computers mentioned as eligible under "desktop & All-in-One PCs" here's the link http://www.hp.com/united-states/consumer/windows7-upgrade/eligmodels.htmlSean : Please let me know if you are able to view the web page.Omar: yesOmar  : i see itSean : You will get the eligible model information as well.Omar  : Under Consumer Desktops do you see where it says that all new hp pavillion pcs are covered?Sean : HP Compaq dc7900 Desktop PC
HP Compaq dc5800 Desktop PC
HP Compaq dc5850 Desktop PC
HP Compaq dx7500 Desktop PC
HP Compaq dx2400 Desktop PC
HP Compaq dx2450 Desktop PC
HP rp5700 POS System
Omar  : where is that?Sean : It is under the option eligible models tab.Omar  : yesSean : Just click on it and you will get the complete information.Omar  : that's for business desktopOmar  : but i bought an hp pavillionOmar : a consumer desktopOmar : and under consumer destkops it states that all new HP Pavillion pcs are eligibleSean : Okay.Sean : Yes, I duly understand the your concern Omar. Sean : In the same list all the eligible models are also mentioned.Omar : ok.. Omar : so why are no hp pavillions on that list?Omar  : the list you gave me.. is under "Business Desktop"Omar  : read above thatOmar  : under "consumer desktops"Omar  : it says all new hp pavillions qualify... if that list you gave me is the complete list of eligible desktopsOmar : then why is it under a different heading?Omar  : and ... why does it have no hp pavillions desktops if "Omar : "All" of them qualifySean : Omar, Please provide me 3 minutes of time while I provide you the accurate information.
Omar  : Okay, but if you need help please talk to a manaer. I don't mean to be rude, but I think there's more computers on that list than you mentioned.

Message Edited by omarthegrad on 08-04-2009 12:51 PM
0 Kudos
Vaika
Level 5
259 258 11 69
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"All new HP Pavilion, HP TouchSmart and Compaq Presario Desktop PCs sold between June 26, 2009 and January 31, 2010 with an eligible operating system -- Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Ultimate, or Windows Vista Business -- are eligible for the Windows 7 Upgrade Option Program from HP."

I would say if you purchased your computer on July 25, 2009 and it has Vista Home Premium, that you'd be eligible.

Who told you were not eligible?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My posts are my opinions and experiences from working in the tech industry 🙂
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation