cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
puck1pa
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

hp office jet J4680 - driver for Windows 7

HP Recommended
I cannot find the driver for J4680 to connect wireless printer
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Bob_Headrick
Level 16
Level 16
33,310 26,665 2,425 8,965
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

puck1pa wrote:
I cannot find the driver for J4680 to connect wireless printer

Assuming your J4680 is visible on the network you should be able to have it automatically installed by going to the Printers folder, Add Printer, Network Printer and let Windows find it.  You may need to use Windows Update to update the list of printers - go to Add Printer, say it is a local printer, new port, TCP/IP, select the IP address of the J4680, Next, then click WIndows Update.  It may take five minutes or more to update the list, be patient but when it completes there will be a number of new printers listed.

Regards,

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

0 Kudos
Aurynia
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I have kind of the same problem. The problem is, I -was- able to network it, and it can print... but it can't scan! I'd like to use the scan function, but I have Windows 7 Beta, so I can't use the install disc. What should I do?
Message Edited by Aurynia on 09-21-2009 03:00 PM
0 Kudos
SoonerAl
Level 3
40 40 1 3
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try compatibility mode.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/board/message?board.id=win7Beta&thread.id=148

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate (build 7600), ie. the released version, and installed the software for my J4680 that way, ie. I use a Vista compatibility mode. I can scan from my laptop using the HP Solution Center and print from applications, ie. Outlook 2007/Word 2007/etc. What I can't do is to Fax from the laptop or configure the Fax settings. If I try to scan from the printer front panel I can not save to a folder on my laptop. So some things work and some do not which is kind of to be expected until the Windows 7 drivers for the printer are released by HP.

As always YMMV...

"When all else fails, read the instructions"
MS-MVP Windows Desktop Experience
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation