cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
dan_will
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

hp photosmart c3180 wont work with windows 8 consumer preview

HP Recommended

I have tried installing the printer but when i plug the usb in it just tells me that a printer is connected but I am unable to actually print any documents with it.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
vnyga
Level 8
1,636 1,622 64 272
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Have you installed the delivered drivers?
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
0 Kudos
dan_will
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When i first plugged in the printer via usb it attempted to install the drivers, it never actually said if these were complete. Whenever I plug the printer in now it realises a printer is connected but I am not allowed to print with it on microsoft word or any other program

0 Kudos
vnyga
Level 8
1,636 1,622 64 272
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
>When i first plugged in the printer via usb it attempted to install the drivers
Is the printer listed correctly in the printer options?
Is it shown as a printer device, but you can't choose it?

V.
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
0 Kudos
dan_will
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've just managed to fix the problem. I think the issue was that when it was first plugged in via usb it didnt install correctly, so depsite recognising the printer it wouldnt allow me to print. I removed the device from 'printers and devices' and reinstalled the printer, it now works fine. thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation