cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Midori
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

installation other windows

HP Recommended

I bought a brand new hp dm4 beats edition. I created the recovery dvds and tried to install windows 7 ultimate and windows 8 CP. The result was the same for either one. Error. with windows 7 ultimate after the pc reboot appears a blue screen and it doesn't go any farther with the installation and the only thing to do is restart it. with windows 8 the error is different. it freezes and a blue screen with a sad smile pops up. and the error referres to "winload.exe" that might be curropt or missing. I attempted the installation many times with no results. I don't know what to do, it is like my pc doesn't give me the freedom to personalize it the way I want. I hope somebody gives me advice on what to do before I return it back. thanks

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Charles001
Level 11
Level 11
3,008 2,997 220 361
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended
to upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate: no installation is needed, simply try the Windows anytime upgrade-- type in the new product key
**Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation