cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
petronius
3 2 0 1
Message 1 of 18
Flag Post

lost in the crack between HP and Arvato?

HP Recommended

Am entitled to Win 7 64 bit upgrade. Submitted order, POPs, and payment info on Aug 06.

Arvato form shows order rec'd, POPs rec'd but waiting for validation. No shipping date. Tried to resubmit POPs, but that is not allowed. Messages to Contact Us go unacknowledged, unanswered.

What to do?

17 REPLIES 17
ryguy2008
Level 4
182 180 3 11
Message 2 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If the system doesn't let you resubmit POPs, its likely that you are already approved. Very few, if any, have shipping dates regardlss of approval.

Look at your status. Does it say Accepted? If so, then you have nothing to worry about.

0 Kudos
petronius
Author
3 2 0 1
Message 3 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It says "settled."  I assume I'm okay?

Thanks for your quick response.

Any idea when these will be shipped?

Pete

0 Kudos
ryguy2008
Level 4
182 180 3 11
Message 4 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My guess if you don't live in North America, because that's not a status I'm familiar with. However, it's likely it does mean that your order is now in the queue to be shipped.

However, in terms of actual shipping, you could be waiting until the end of November or later so it seems to receive the shipment. The 3rd party vendor is only starting to ship, and they have a huge backlog.... Practically nobody has had their order shipped yet unfortunately.

Message Edited by ryguy2008 on 10-27-2009 10:11 PM
0 Kudos
petronius
Author
3 2 0 1
Message 5 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm in NC, USA.

I will try to be more patient.  In the past, MS has been timely in shipping new software.  This is what I expected, especially having ordered two and half months ago.

Again, thanks for the information.

Pete

0 Kudos
ryguy2008
Level 4
182 180 3 11
Message 6 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended
No prob. Just be aware that it's not MS shipping. It's a 3rd party vendor that HP hired. So it's hard to base the estimated shipping time based on past experienes.
oldmike
Level 3
39 38 1 10
Message 7 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

On my order screen it says that the POP was received but not validated.  In the Status area it says ESCALATED.  I guess I need to assume they have read my email at least.

0 Kudos
CBL
2 2 0 0
Message 8 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I followed all the directions to order the windows 7 upgrade, downloaded the receipt as proof of purchase, but DID NOT get a confirmation/ validation number. Tried to call them, but line is busy at all times. Emailed them and no reply.

Tried to go through the upgrade process again, but was not allowed to.

Called HP and was told that there is nothing they can do about it.

Terrible customer service and support from HP.  We are caught up in this mess and no support from either side.

Any suggestions to solve this issue?

0 Kudos
KMS8907
3 3 0 0
Message 9 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended
i called in after 5 and got right through. they are there past 5 despite the web sites info.
0 Kudos
CBL
2 2 0 0
Message 10 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks!

I will give them a call after 5!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation