cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
adams42
4 2 0 1
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

nvidia drivers - windows 7

HP Recommended

I seem to be unable to perform a clean install of Win 7RC on my HP Pavillion 6500f. It freezes up during the "Completing Installation" section. As far as I have been able to determine, it is a problem with the nvidia drivers. I tried several things, but I don't know how to slipstream the new drivers into the installation.

Pentium E2220 (C) 2.4 GHz (65W)
  • 800 MHz front side bus
  • Socket 775
NVIDIA GeForce 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 630i
Motherboard
  • Manufacturer: Foxconn
  • Motherboard Name: MCP73M01H1
  • HP/Compaq motherboard name: Napa-GL8E

What I am wanting to know, will the final release of Windows 7 include updated drivers so that I can upgrade from Vista? Will things be added now that the RC has come out?

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
DexterM
Level 10
4,502 4,478 304 1,048
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Nvidia have a very good driver support for their GPU's and motherboards, even for very old ones. So i'm sure that a Windows 7 driver will be released.

I have a GeForce 8600 GT GPU manufactured by XFX, and after installing RC1, all i had to do was a windows update, and it automatically installed the driver for me. The GUI window for making advanced changes is missing, but i'm able to use Aero completely without any issues, and I also played a graphic intensive game(Bioshock) on it and it ran flawlessly. You should give it a try.

EDIT: The GUI Window, i.e  Nvidia Control Panel IS present. I just couldnt find it in teh Start Menu.

Message Edited by DexterM on 26/06/2009 01:45 AM
I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
0 Kudos
adams42
Author
4 2 0 1
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have found the Nvidia driver that is supposed to work on Windows 7. HOWEVER, Windows 7RC will not install in the first place. That's the problem. I want to know if they will tweek the video drivers BEFORE releasing Windows 7 or am I going to have as much trouble trying to install it once I purchase it?

I haven't tried to find another video card to put in for the install, Win7rc will not install with the integrated nvidia chipset that's on the motherboard right now.

As far as I can tell the video issue is the only thing keeping me from installing 7.

0 Kudos
Chao_L
HP Administrator
HP Administrator
100 95 14 392
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
:generic:

I am HP Employee
0 Kudos
DexterM
Level 10
4,502 4,478 304 1,048
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I'm pretty sure that the final release of 7 will work with nVidia chipsets. The best thing you can do it probably file a bug report for the RC and hope that they receive more bugs from other users and eventually fix it.
I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
0 Kudos
CherylG
Level 17
44,714 38,155 3,356 11,465
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Must be a bug_even XP will install to this chipset.We have had several owners doing an XP downgrade here at the forums with no issues.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
Ayyub
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi,

I am not abale to open enternet explorer ,its always showes me not responding

regads

ayyub

0 Kudos
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation