cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Aerian_MK2
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 27
Flag Post

pavilion dv8000 audio problem

HP Recommended

Hi everybody,

I did a clean install of windows 7 on my HP Pavilion dv8000 just last night, most everything is working fine except one thing, my audio.

I successfuly installed the drivers but in the device manager I get a message "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" wherther or not this is a problem with windows 7, I'm not sure, however the problem started when I installed it any suggestions on fixing this would be appreciated

0 Kudos
26 REPLIES 26
CAPThomas
Level 2
11 9 1 3
Message 2 of 27
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After lots of searching, I installed HP SP33443 with Conexant Audio Drivers for my DV8000 and Windows 7.  This seems to have been successful, as I now get sound when using it as a notebook, and sound transfered through to the xb2000 Expansion Base when it is docked.  These appear to be older drivers for Vista, but it is working in Windows 7.

Cap

0 Kudos
Gis_mow
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 27
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I installed win 7 upgrade over XP. I have two problems Mass storage controler and multimedia audio center.

Help

Jimh20

0 Kudos
drb_2000
5 5 0 0
Message 4 of 27
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Any help on this will be appreciated.  I have the same AC97 audio and mass controller issue following a clean install of Windows 7.  Thank you.
0 Kudos
drb_2000
5 5 0 0
Message 5 of 27
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I should add my laptop is an HP DV5215.  Thanks.
0 Kudos
jeremyc50
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 27
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Anyone get your quick lauch, Mass controller and audio to work yet on the DV8000 under windows 7? Any help would be appreciated.

Jeremy

0 Kudos
drb_2000
5 5 0 0
Message 7 of 27
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No luck on this end.  I'm holding off my upgrade to Window 7 with my HP DV5215us until I receive confirmation.  I'm not pleased with HP and their lack of driver support.

0 Kudos
mickietee
Level 2
13 10 0 4
Message 8 of 27
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My problem with Win7 drivers on a dv8000 unit with AC97 audio is consistent with what has been aired here (audio, mass storage, modem). The audio was most egregious. I followed a number of solutions over (3) days which eventually led me me to sp35558. But it did not install without tweaking. I followed this advice, and then tweaked it. http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Windows-7-Beta-and-test/NEED-HELP-Windows-7-sound-drivers-for-dv8310us/...

After that failed, I did this routine:

1) right-click the question marked (unknown audio) device and choose update driver software.

2) Click "Browse my computer for driver software."

3) Choose "Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer"

4) Page down to and choose "Sound Video and Game controllers"

5) Choose (Click) the "Have Disk" button on that dialogue box.

6) browse to the folder with the CP6308Ba.inf file.

7) Choose the inf from the browser, "open" it and press OK.

It will warn you that the driver is not signed in the process. Just OK it.

It installed the drivers after that as "Conexant AC Link Audio."

I love my audio again.

Aerian_MK2
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 9 of 27
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You sir, get a kudos. This worked perfectly for me first try. I think it's worth mentioning that the .inf file you mention is in the sp35558 folder, just as a matter of convenience. Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
drb_2000
5 5 0 0
Message 10 of 27
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is it unreasonable to assume this will work for a dv5215us?

DrB

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation