cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Bonkkers
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

purchased Vista program a few weeks too soon

HP Recommended
I bought my Vista based computer (Costco)  about two weeks before the cut off for free update to Windows 7; is there still a possibility for any free update still?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
DexterM
Level 10
4,502 4,478 304 1,048
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
The cut-off date is one of the most important criteria for upgrade eligibility. If you bought it before he date, then you cannot go for the upgrade.
I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
Bonkkers
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. This Vista reminds me of Windows ME. Should be some help for a person who buy a skunk before they can smell.
0 Kudos
m9x3mos
Level 1
14 9 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
WoW vista ain't that bad.  ME was an epic fail of all time. Vista with SP2 has gotten alot better.
0 Kudos
DexterM
Level 10
4,502 4,478 304 1,048
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@m9x3mos wrote:
WoW vista ain't that bad.  ME was an epic fail of all time. Vista with SP2 has gotten alot better.

True. The first build was buggy, but it's become very stable after the SP's.

I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
0 Kudos
Bonkkers
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank you all for your help. True ME did not last long and Vista had a little more staying power; I currently have 8 gig memory & 1 gig video, those old machines possibly 1 gig total WO/ dual core 32 or 64 bit proc. I still get white screen frequently. I am sure alot of thought went into this Vista. At least XP had updates & patches my ol' jeans could not hold and that helped fill my hard drive to fix it; could they have done it with Vista since we now have huge hard drives to hold the fixes to the Nth power? I just will have to make a decision between XP and new # 7. Final post on this issue, Thank you again.                                ( HP products & support are excellent & would buy one any time.) 
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation