cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Mitigation_Elf
Level 2
21 15 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

touchsmart 770 and Windows 7

HP Recommended

Windows 7 has been working well on both my Touchsmart 770 and my Tablet. Buttons around the edge of my tablet screen have drivers (vista) that I was able to install on Win7 and make them work.

There are volume buttons on the side of my Touchsmart 770 screen that do not work with Win 7 and I cant find drivers for the buttons on HP.com. Any ideas how to make them work?

Mitigation Elf
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
cnfrisch
Level 7
945 945 50 137
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
By the time the final version of Windows 7 becomes generally available (October 22, 2009), HP should have Windows 7 drivers available for your HP product.
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows Expert - Consumer

0 Kudos
PC_Tester
Level 7
1,475 1,465 35 112
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have you tried going to Windows Update?

windowsupdate.microsoft.com (Check for updates, opt in on all recommended and optional driver updates available)

0 Kudos
Mitigation_Elf
Author
Level 2
21 15 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Microsoft does not provide drivers or updates for computer manufacturer-specific issues such as the buttons to which I am referring. HP must produce these drivers. It is not an issue of Windos 7 not supplying the driver. It is an issue that HP has not yet created the drivers.

I was told by HP support that they will be provinding a Windows 7 package for the Touchsmart iq 770. That remains to be seen as they have not yet posted them.

Mitigation Elf
0 Kudos
Mitigation_Elf
Author
Level 2
21 15 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
HP still does not have drivers to support this product one month after the Windows 7 release..
Mitigation Elf
0 Kudos
PC_Tester
Level 7
1,475 1,465 35 112
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have you tried running the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor? It will tell you if there are drivers missing for your system after upgrading to Windows 7.

System manufacturers also post drivers to Windows Update

After upgrading or doing a clean install, go to

windowsupdate  (Check for updates, opt in on all recommended and optional driver updates) 

0 Kudos
jhrost
2 1 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How is the search going for the win7 drivers?  BTW, are you having a problems with computer freezing up after it goes to sleep, etc.  My computer locked up today for the first time while  not sleeping, i.e screen on the last web page visited, on Windows 7....and my keyboard is now missing keystrokes, occasionally(not a memory problem).  Ive really loved this computer and Im worried it may be flaking out...or the memory is going bad, which shows itself by system lockups...

I did however manage to upgrade the proccesor to a AMD TURION TL-64 2.2 Ghz...with notice improvement in speed for a bargin price...process on ebay.  And, I've successfully run Ubuntu, with touch screen working and all...sweet...although the video needs tweeking to boot...which is easy.

Thanks for a reply,

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation