cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ZUKALOR
Level 1
10 7 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

upgrades still available?

HP Recommended

hello

I've just taken delivery of a new Compaq laptop and noticed the offer of the upgrade to Windows 7.

I've followed the links and have seen that my machine is eligible for the upgrade. I held off ordering there and then as it required a visa/mastercard, which I don't have.

However, in the last couple of days, I've checked back - armed with credit card details - and have found that instead of taking me to the ordering page when click on 'order kit', I can only access an Arvato holding page saying that they will email me when the upgrade is available. I don't think I'm going mad, but I'm sure two days previously that this wasn't the case!

Has the demand been so much that they are no longer taking orders for the upgrade? Or will normal service resume once they've caught up with a backlog of orders?

Thanks for your help on this.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
cnfrisch
Level 7
945 945 50 137
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Compose an email message and send it to: hpupgrade@arvatousa.com and they will respond to your inquiry.
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows Expert - Consumer

0 Kudos
ZUKALOR
Author
Level 1
10 7 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

cheers for the quick reply.

I've just checked the site again, and as if by magic, it all seems to be working again.

As for the upgrade being 'free', well I'll save that for another day.........

thanks again.

Z.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation