Note on archived topics.
02-25-2013 12:25 AM
Maybe the next steps helps
To install on Windows 8 apply the following steps:
1. Download the driver that is available on the HP site:
- Basic Driver Plug and Play for HP LaserJet P1005
- ljP1000_P1500 HB-pnp-win64-en.exe-[1/1, 3.54m]
Note: Download this file to the Windows Desktop.
2. Then select the downloaded file with the mouse right click Properties.
3. Select the tab that says Compatibility.
4. Then check the box that says "Run in compatibility mode for" and select Windows 7
5. Under Privilege Level check the box that says "Run as administrator"
6. Click OK to close the Properties window.
7. Then double-click it on the downloaded file to begin the installation.
Note: Remember that the USB cable must be unplugged before installation.
It should appear as follows:
I hope these steps will be helpful with the Windows 8 installation of the Laserjet P1005 printer.
* Click on KUDOS star to say thanks
* Click on the button Accepted Solution if the question is answered.
@ferRX / I am a volunteer posting answers on my own time.
03-01-2013 11:49 PM
due this document
should be drivers for lj p1005 and Windows 8 available
they are simply not doing their work, that's all :D
03-02-2013 12:08 PM - edited 03-05-2013 10:19 AM
2 ferRX :
it crashed. But I found a HP directory in program files after than. There were setup.exe here, I tried to run it in compatibility mode. Crashed too with "file not found message". I extracted *.cab files content from this directory into the same directory. And open device manager. There were other device - HP P1005, I tried to install driver manualy from device manager and show him inf file from HP directory in program files. And it works.
Seems to me that it cannot be recommended to common users. But I was desperate, I needed to print.
March 5, today it stopped working.
04-04-2013 02:08 PM
Still no windows 8 driver? how long do we still have to wait? I cant work like this. Ive just recently baught a new ink cartridge for my orinter. This printer works maybe once every 10 days with the windows 7 drivers.