cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
WasteLandSavage
Level 1
15 10 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

windows 10 compatibility

HP Recommended
HP 15-g073nr Notebook
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi all:

I have resereved my Windows 10 Upgrade.

And I ran the compatability check that was included in it, and it said there were {NO} problems found lucky me, i just hope it stays this way.

this being said.

Does anyone have any idea if my OEM Apps will still work under Win 10?

I love my CyberLink Apps and I really don't want to lose any of them.

As well does anyone know if HP plans on putting out New drivers that will support Win10 for my notebook?

I know Windows will find the ones it needs but the Catalyst Drivers for my graphics card is really important to me because of the UI that it uses...

And the adjustments that I can make in them for some of the games that I run.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Malygris1
Retired
Retired
7,771 6,895 454 848
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @WasteLandSavage,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel.

I understand that you are looking for driver information for your notebook with the Windows 10 upgrade when it becomes available. I am happy to help you with this.

As to what happens with any particular App, no one can really say as the Tech Preview, is still evolving. Until it is in its final form there is no way to answer you. Drivers are a similar issue. HP can only test based on what it currently has, and that is changing. As we get closer to the official release date, information should become clearer.  Please visit www.hp.com/go/windows10upgrade for more details. HP will provide information on which units have been tested and qualified with Windows 10 as it becomes available.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
WasteLandSavage
Author
Level 1
15 10 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help.

I knew nothing was finalized as of yet since the final product had not been released.

I was just curious in hopes that all my default programs will still work, It looks good since this is just one of many upgrades of Windows that I have done and all of the time there was always something, right from the get go.

All I can do is just hope for the best.

Thanks also for the support link that you provided.

I'll be sure to bookmark it so I can keep a heads up.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation