cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
gjhuff
Level 2
18 15 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

windows 10

HP Recommended
IQ 526
Other

I have an old IQ526which runs pretty good under Win 7.  I have tried upgrading to Windows 8, 8.1 and now th 10 preview and have never been able to get touch consisently.   The first upgrade works fine, but on subsequent re-boot, it disappears.  I've tried installing all the nextwindows drivers but nothing gets it back other than starting over.  Touc h is awesome in 8 and even better in 10 while it works.   Sometimes just installing Outlook causes touch to go away.

Any sugestions would be appreciated.   I may wind up going back to 7.

0 Kudos
Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Malygris1
Retired
Retired
7,771 6,895 454 848
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there @gjhuff

I understand that you are having some troubles with the touchscreen on your system, after installing the Windows 10 tech preview.

Which build do you have installed? The current build available is as of today is 10162. Each update tend to have a series of fixes and new features, ( and sometimes a few more issues). Currently the only drivers for Windows 10 tech preview, are a part of the operating system.

Also, it may be a good idea to go back to your Windows 7 installation, and then do your updates, and install your correct Windows 7 drivers from the HP support page for your system.  Then after you have your updates you should get an icon in your systray about reserving your free copy of Windows 10. You can also do your compatibility test at that time and see if it reports anything.  As it is supposed to be a free upgrade from Windows 7 and 8.x machines, you need to have your original Windows 7 OS in place to get the free upgrade from Microsoft.  The upgrade process direct from Windows 7 to the official release of Windows 10, with working drivers may be more streamlined, going from a working system, but every new operating system has its growing pains. Also as I understand it, if you do the upgrade to Windows 10, you can rollback if you need to within the first 30 days, to your previous operating system.

I hope this helps.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
gjhuff
Author
Level 2
18 15 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.  I hve Build 10130 with all updates insattled.  I have been able to obtain tswo point touch by installing the Nextwindow driver and deleting the Nvidia display driver.  Rebooting brings back touch.  But on the next reboot, the Nvidias display driver is back and the touch functionality is lost.  Control panel reports that the touch screen is disconnected.  i delete it again and then reboot.  it looks like he current Nvidia drivers don't support the IQ526's legacy touchscreen.     Maaybe the final verson of 10 wil fix this.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation