cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ygustavo
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

windows 7 in my hp530

HP Recommended

hi.

im currently using windows xp professional sp3 x86 in my hp 530 (core 2 duo 5200, 120 gb HD ,  2 gb RAM , intel 945 graphics) , and i want to change to windows 7 x64. is this possible?, are there  x64 drivers avalible for this version of windows?  where can i get them? . 

5 REPLIES 5
Adamtech
Level 8
1,230 1,227 80 219
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
It is possible. There are not currently official drivers. Windows 7 does include a great deal of drivers. I would give it a shot and see what happens. Be sure to make your recovery discs so you can reinstall Windows Vista if you need to.

*Remember to mark your questions solved and click the "Kudos" star to show your thanks!

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Daniel_Potyrala
Level 13
10,920 10,832 772 4,465
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ygustavo,

Hi,

If You You want to use HP drivers and test new system without any problems ((like finding drivers) I suggest Win7 32bit version for Your model.

Drivers made for Vista are working under Win7 and for Your model HP provides drivers only for 32bit system.

You may download them from here.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Daniel_Potyrala
Level 13
10,920 10,832 772 4,465
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
First make Vista backup. How to do it all informations here.
** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
matande
1 1 0 1
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

vista drivers work for windows 7. i also use windows 7 on my hp 530. i used to have problems when i installed a custom copy of windows 7.but what i did was to switch to windows vista and made an upgrade. but the upgrade usually needs patience coz can take more than an hour depending on your PC perfomance.

i am telling you now all the drivers are working.

enjoy using windows 7 on your PC.

1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp 530 window 7 possibale

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation