cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
sikhar_jc
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

windows 8 installation

HP Recommended

Is it safe to install Windows 8 consumer preview? As because during the operation it notifies that some softwares might not work in the future. And can i again restore it to windows 7  if it encounters problem?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
old_stuff
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You cannot roll back the win8 cp installation.  However, you can create a new partition to install it on and dual boot with your windows 7.  I have done this with my Vista installation with no problems.  The Windows links listed in the first item in this forum will tell you how to do it.

0 Kudos
sikhar_jc
Author
6 3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your suggestion..but the main problem is that i have only a single drive! Is it still possible for me to poceed?

0 Kudos
old_stuff
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You can install Win 8 CP as a dual booting system on a single disk drive, provided your disk drive has adequate free space available.  Take a look at the following post in the Win 8 CP forum:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-windows_install/can-i-install-win-8-custo...

0 Kudos
sikhar_jc
Author
6 3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your valuable information.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation