cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jeffdat
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

windows 8 release preview on hp touchsmart 600 1135uk

HP Recommended

Hi just a simple question, has anyone managed to install win 8 release preview on touchsmart 600 1135uk? i had the consumer preview installed and working alright, i did clean install of the release preview and i cant see anything after installation, i don't know if its due the graphics, has any one manage it and if yes how did you do it?

all i have got now is blank/black screen, i can see the activity light active but thats all i can see. any help will be very much appreciated.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
adamj4282
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I can't help too much... but I have an HP TouchSmart 9100 with the Release Preview on it. When the screen goes black on bootup, it's because it's not recognizing the display (huh?) and instead putting it on the second monitor (which probably isn't even connected). If you plug in a second monitor to the DVI output, you'll get the screen to show up.

Then you can shut down the TouchScreen, unplug the DVI cable, and turn the TouchScreen back on. This time, Win8 will stay on the TouchScreen. Unfortunately, if you let the screen go to sleep / idle, the whole process needs to be repeated as it will not wake up.

This is the problem I see with my 9100 anyway. I suspect it could be the same with the 600. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a real solution yet, but hopefully you or someone else does as it makes the system almost impossible to use.

0 Kudos
mswindows8surfa
4 4 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you get it figured out?

I've been having the same problems, and eventually gave up.  The developer release worked....now this one doesn't install.
I have windows 7 X64, I downloaded the appropriate installer from the MS website for Windows 8 (Release).  Took the ISO image and made my DVD.  Rebooted using the DVD, get all the ways to around 70% and auto reboot to black screen.  I have a HP Touchsmart 600-1000t . My bios version is 5.12, I've updated to the most recent that HP has to offer for my computer.  I thought it was my graphic cards, so I've updated all my drivers.  I've disconnected everything, the only thing connected is my wireless mouse/keyboard, power supply.  I've re-downloaded and tried several clean installs on a different partition with more than 90GB.  No luck.  I eventually tried a USB and disabling all of my ports (with the exception of the one USB port) in BIOS (including LAN and WLAN) as well with no luck.

I'm driving myself crazy, as this should work!  My computer was built for windows 7 and shipped with windows 7.

0 Kudos
Svanen
4 4 0 0
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have tryed almost everything aswell ;(

Has ANYONE intalled win8 on a Touchsmart 600 ???

Please help!

0 Kudos
mswindows8surfa
4 4 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've finally got it installed on my HP Touchsmart 610-1000t (or whatever the number is).....

Apparently it's a graphics card/driver issue. 

I downloaded the enterprise final release and it did the same thing to me (black screen etc etc).

In the end, I highly doubt some of these models are compatible with windows 8 if the final release is giving me the same problem.  The only difference is- now the sleep button worked, so I fiddled around with it until I got it fully installed (user created).  After doing so, I booted into Safe mode and disabled the graphics driver/restarted and it booted up fine/works fine.  Every now and then it crashes on IE10.  I wasn't able to test the touch capabilities during the releases between developer and final, so it wasn't until now I can finally test the functionarlity of ALL the gesture functionality.  I can say, the combination of the touch screen desktop and short cut keys makes everything so much quicker and easier.  I perfer windows 8 over windows 7 on my touchscreen, finally the touchscreen experience is much better! Of course I still use my keyboard and mouse.  The touch pinning/swiping is awesome.  I can't say the same for normal desktops in a corporate environment (without touchscreens).....I can say however- windows 8 tablets would be really nice in place of my Ipad or my laptop that I carry around from meeting to meeting, thus the reason I'm waiting for the Surface!  CItrix and apps can only take you so far.

0 Kudos
Svanen
4 4 0 0
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi please tell us "step by step" how you did get it installed!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
mswindows8surfa
4 4 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I think really there are several solutions, it depends on what your computer does.

Which version of windows 8 are you installing?  The only working version I was able to rig to get to work on my touchsmart (without connecting an external monitor or taking my computer apart) was the enterprise edition that windows released.

When you attempt to install what happens?

0 Kudos
Svanen
4 4 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi mswindows8surfa

Thanks for your reply.

I have really tried almost all options, 32 bit 64 bit and also the enterprise ver.

Latest bios is installed.

I tried in ACHI mode and also in IDE Mode.

Tried from CD and also from USB Stick.

When I install, everything goes fine until Windows is installing devices (about 75% through the install process)

Then the screen goes black, same thing everytime.

I then tried to repair and safeboot, and all the options that could be possible in the windows system, (because that Windows hasn´t´t finishes installing it is not possible to boot to savemode)

I am really thankful to anything that could help me through this.....

Really now I gave up and startet to "hate" Microsoft for not checking such thing before they release a new Win vertion.

0 Kudos
Svanen
4 4 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi again 🙂

how did yoy disable the graphicdriver in safemode?

thanks

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation