Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The pen worked when the equipment was new a few months back, but has recently stopped working correctly.  The white dot appears below the cursor tip on the screen, so the screen knows the pen is there, but tapping the pen does not result in click responses and it will not drag or write.

I've searched HP's site for solutions and have found none for this specific combination of products and symptoms although there are similar problems with older versions.  Based on those older versions, i looked for drivers and firmware for my specific tablet PC model, but I don't see anything that appears to be relevant.  I did update the BIOS which didn't help.  None of the firmware updates appear to be relevant.

HP's support site does not even acknowledge that a R2 version of the Executive Tablet Pen exists, but sends me to a page for the G2 version which lists no drivers or firmware at all.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Thanks

I forgot to include that it is running up to date Windows 8.1.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended
Mine stopped working when I updated to Windows 10. Microsoft only seems to support Wacom stylus for Windows 10 and HP does not see to have any drivers for 5he Elite pad 900
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

My pen will write on the tablet, but buttons don't work, and there is no erase with the non-business-end.  

For years, I've been using other convertible tablets...most recently a Fujitsu brand.  None of them required such a fancy pen, and all of them worked a hell of a lot better from a writing/recognition standpoint.  Very disappointed in the HP.

HP Recommended

Hello,

same Problem here: After upgrading to Win10 the pen is only regognized 5-10% of the time. No way of reproducing the behavior. Sometimes it works - sometimes not. Take the battery out and in again sometimes let the pen work for 5-10 seconds. Pretty expensive notebook with a pretty expensive pen does not work very well is pretty annoying. I usedalso Fujitsu convertibles the last 5 Years and the pen there worked like a charm. 

Maybe any solutions on this topic?

Regards, Axel

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the same problem: HP Resolve 810 G3, Windows 10, HP Executive Pen R2, and the pen does not work with the computer. It works "a bit" meaning that with PDF Annotator or OneNote, I can make a dot, but writing is impossible. I am considering sending back both computer and pen to HP, any suggestion of alternative computers to buy? Unless HP finally finds a solution to the problem...

Thank you,

Yann

PS. I have a happy owner of a HP Elitebook 2740p, with a much less fancy pen but much, much higher quality of writing.

HP Recommended

Hi!

I am surprised by the lack of concern from HP. I bought an expansive laptop because it is advertised as having a stylus but the stylus does not work! Without this feature, this laptop is useless for my purpose and I should have bought one from Lenovo that works...

Help!

Yann

HP Recommended

PS. I'm willing to try new drivers if it can help!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.