Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion X360 Convertable 14-dh1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've tried several of the suggested HP battery test methods and all say the battery is fine but needs calibrating, but so far I am unable to get the calibration to work. I've run the HP battery recall detection app & that is not the problem. The battery is charging & working OK, I just want to get rid of this error that shows up in HP Support Assistant - 'Battery calibration needed'

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Greengrasstoo 

The models I find in this series are all introduced in various months in 2020.

That said, and given that you are not having any actual problems, the battery may not be calibrating because it does not need to calibrate.

In other words, the HP Support Assistant is likely wrong about its assessment.  Nice software, not perfect.

What to?

Well, you can remove the HPSA application from Settings > Apps > Apps and Features

Restart > Download and install a new copy of the HPSA

Will that work?

It likely won't do any good, but you can try it.  Might make a difference.

We (those outside of HP) do not really have any control over the HPSA .  We can explain the options, we can tell you how to remove / reload it... that's about it.

Website / Information / Video / White Paper / Download

HP Support Assistant

Partial excerpt from the Website:

“Ready to go on your HP PC

HP Support Assistant is included on new HP desktop and notebook PCs. You can install it on PCs from other manufacturers for easy access to support resources and tools for HP printers and PCs. Click the ? icon on your system tray to start HP Support Assistant or download now. During setup, selected new HP PC models running Windows 10 will receive version 9. All other PC models will receive version 8.”

What else?

Besides ignoring the likely erroneous message from the HPSA,

Because it is a cool thing to do (and gives you a baseline for later),

Run and save the results from the Battery Report.

TKB Article contributed by HP Expert Erico

What is going on with the battery installed in my computer?

Battery Report and other solutions

Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?

Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP Pavilion 14-dh1000 Convertible x360 PC series 

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Greengrasstoo 

The models I find in this series are all introduced in various months in 2020.

That said, and given that you are not having any actual problems, the battery may not be calibrating because it does not need to calibrate.

In other words, the HP Support Assistant is likely wrong about its assessment.  Nice software, not perfect.

What to?

Well, you can remove the HPSA application from Settings > Apps > Apps and Features

Restart > Download and install a new copy of the HPSA

Will that work?

It likely won't do any good, but you can try it.  Might make a difference.

We (those outside of HP) do not really have any control over the HPSA .  We can explain the options, we can tell you how to remove / reload it... that's about it.

Website / Information / Video / White Paper / Download

HP Support Assistant

Partial excerpt from the Website:

“Ready to go on your HP PC

HP Support Assistant is included on new HP desktop and notebook PCs. You can install it on PCs from other manufacturers for easy access to support resources and tools for HP printers and PCs. Click the ? icon on your system tray to start HP Support Assistant or download now. During setup, selected new HP PC models running Windows 10 will receive version 9. All other PC models will receive version 8.”

What else?

Besides ignoring the likely erroneous message from the HPSA,

Because it is a cool thing to do (and gives you a baseline for later),

Run and save the results from the Battery Report.

TKB Article contributed by HP Expert Erico

What is going on with the battery installed in my computer?

Battery Report and other solutions

Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?

Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP Pavilion 14-dh1000 Convertible x360 PC series 

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you.

It was worth a try but as you suspected the re-install made no difference to the result.

As you suggested I saved a copy of the battery test report to use as a baseline for future battery tests.

I'll just have to learn to live with my little orange alert triangle in the toolbar (even it it erks me to not have everything looking perfect) ;{)>

Thanks again for your assistance.

HP Recommended

@Greengrasstoo 

You are welcome.

Maybe let it sit for awhile and then poke at it again.

If it is an actual bug, theses tend to be fixed in new versions whenever they come out.

If I run across anything useful, I will post back.

Stay safe.

Dragon-Fur

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.