Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
omni 10/hp tablet
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello, 

I recently was given an hp/microsoft omni 10 tablet.  As I was putting in an email for the app store, I entered the wrong one which I think was an account someone is already using and it is also a gmail account. When I turned off the tablet and went to log back on the tablet said  I needed to enter my password in order to go on...well since I don't know the password to that persons email, I can't access it. I've tried to reset it but it says I am missing drive a partion. So then I tried to just do a system recovery and I am not able to do that. What can I do?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@addisonburkett

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher, is at your service (Like a Genie, however, without magic powers) 😉 

As I understand you aren't able to access the tablet,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Have you attempted to reset using the system recovery options mentioned in your user guide?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

Complete the following steps to reset your computer using the System Recovery option on the Startup screen:

CAUTION:

All data on the drive is removed during this process. Back up your important information before attempting the recovery.

1. Shut down the tablet.

2. While pressing the Volume Down button, press the Power button for 2 seconds and release.

Figure : Power and Volume Down buttons

Photograph showing the location of the power and volume buttons. As facing the back of the tablet, the Power button is located in the upper left top edge and the Volume Down  button being the lower portion of a toggle switch in the upper left edge on the back.
  3. From the Startup menu, tap System Recovery.

Figure : System Recovery selection on the Startup menu

System Recovery selection called out from the Startup menu.
  4. On the Choose an option screen, tap Troubleshoot.

Figure : Tapping the Troubleshoot option

Tapping the Troubleshoot option
  5. On the Troubleshoot screen, tap Reset your PC.

Figure : Tapping Reset your PC on the Troubleshoot screen

Tapping Reset your PC on the Troubleshoot screen
  6. If prompted to insert media, insert an SD card that contains the system recovery image into the card slot.

NOTE:

If you have a 32GB tablet, insert the micro SD card provided with your tablet (or a new blank 8GB or 16GB microSD card) into the microSD slot. If you have a 64GB version of the tablet, you do not need to insert a microSD card.

Figure : Reset your PC screen

Reset your PC screen

Figure : Insert the microSD card for recovery

Photo showing a memory card partially inserted into the microSD card slot.
  7. Read and respond to any screens that open.

8. Wait while Windows resets your computer. This might take a few minutes. When the reset is complete, your computer will restart.

If the issue persists, I recommend you Click here to use these steps to reinstall the OS.

Keep me posted,

For I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed, 

And your device is up and running again, if you don't get back to us 😉 

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.