Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Stream 7
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

So I bought a used tablet a few days ago. An HP Stream 7. It had been completely wiped so I figured I'd customise my tablet with my own information. My problem is that every time I go to PC Settings, Accounts, Your Account, and click on "Connect To A Microsoft Account" I get a message right away stating "Sorry, we couldn't connect to Microsoft services right now. If this problem persists, search for "Network Problems" on the Start screen." I've checked my connection dozens of times but I still can't log in. I'm not having any problems signing into my email anywhere else, the only place I'm having a problem with signing in is in my tablet's settings. For now, I can't access my calendar and email apps because I need to have my Microsoft account connected. My tablet as well as all of my apps are up to date, just for reference. If anyone knows how to fix this, it would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @AbbySavage1617

It appears there are a lot of Microsoft Account Users having this problem.

You may want to follow up with them on any current news and fixes.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-security/sorry-we-couldnt-connect-to-mic...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.