Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (659 Views)
Accepted Solution

Cannot login to WIN10 on my HP Elite x2 1012 G1 Tablet

Product Name: HP Elite x2 1012 G1 Tablet
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have just bought an Elite x2 1010 G1 Tablet and have followed the screen instructions to install and create a user name and logon password to WIN10.  I created a Local user because I have no idea what to do with the "Hello" logon creation - I decided to carry this out later once I was firmly logged on to WIN10.   Everything seemed to work correctly within WIN10, so I downloaded my computer security software from CHECKPOINT,  created my email accounts, that also worked correctly. When I rebooted in order to carryon installing my programmes, I could no longer log on to WIN10 it refused my password.

Not having created a  password reset key- simply because I did not know you had to do so at this point, I had no other choice but to reinitialise and reinstall the whole system again - after having spent lots of time trying to find the relevant documentation on how to do this.  Let me specify - I live in France;  the WIN operating system including the instructions is in French although I requested the apps to be in English (as it is my mother tongue).

I spent 31/2 hours reinstalling the system and once again I requested the Local User + password - which was accepted by Windows 10.  So as not to waste time, I rebooted to see whether I could logon on again .... and NO, Windows refused yet again to accept my logon, which means that I am going to have to, once again, reinstall the complete  WIN10 operating system!!!  I am getting fed up with this!  I need to know:

• What is necessary when first creating a Local User logon?  (what is required in setting up the password)
  • Should I create a password reinitialisation USB key as soon as I am initially logged on to WIN10?
  • Or, am I obliged to change the initial logon password using the password reinitialisation key once WIN10 OS has been installed and the initial password created?

Please tell me what I should be doing or am not doing correctly, in order to logon to Windows10 with no  future problems.

Thanks for some help.

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot login to WIN10 on my HP Elite x2 1012 G1 Tablet

Hello @Jay_16

I'm not sure whats happening to your account sign-in either.

For Testing purposes...

Do not create a password at first. During the setup, leave the User Password boxes blank when it first asks you to create one.

Also don't install any other programs until you have this sorted.

Now test it to see if it lets you in.

After that, go into your account Settings>Sign-in options and create a very simple 123 password (again for testing only) and and also create a USB password reset drive.

Restart and see if it accepts your simple password.

If it does, then make a stronger password and a new reset key drive.

If not, try the reset key to see if that works.

If that does not work either, Something else has went wrong that I have no knowledge of.

View solution in context
Associate Dean
Message 2 of 4 (608 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello @Jay_16

I'm not sure whats happening to your account sign-in either.

For Testing purposes...

Do not create a password at first. During the setup, leave the User Password boxes blank when it first asks you to create one.

Also don't install any other programs until you have this sorted.

Now test it to see if it lets you in.

After that, go into your account Settings>Sign-in options and create a very simple 123 password (again for testing only) and and also create a USB password reset drive.

Restart and see if it accepts your simple password.

If it does, then make a stronger password and a new reset key drive.

If not, try the reset key to see if that works.

If that does not work either, Something else has went wrong that I have no knowledge of.

Associate Dean
Message 3 of 4 (599 Views)

[ Edited ]

Also, if you go through the steps above and your sign-in is working, then install your Checkpoint security software only. Restart and see if it lets you in.

If not, Checkpoint may be the culprit.

PS: Your post only showed up tonight in the Tablet section on 10/25/16 as a new post, but I noticed your post is dated from a few days ago.

Sorrry, I don't know what happened for the posting to show here so late.

Honor Student
Message 4 of 4 (585 Views)

Thank you so much for your very clear instructions qnd taking the time to help me - I am a newcomer to WIN10.  I am pleased to say that your solution worked!  Although I am sure Microsoft would not be pleased to know this.

Again, Thanks for your help qnd I give you many, many kudos!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation