cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Cloud Recovery Tool not working even though all required conditions are met

HP Recommended
Notebook -15-bg002au
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Screenshot_20201002-103648016 (1).jpg

When I press continue, the laptop restarts, as it should, however it opens back to the starting screen instead of completing the installation process.

Screenshot_20201002-154852976 (1).jpg

I tried redownloading the tool but that didn't work. Legacy boot is enabled and secure boot is disabled as instructed on the tool's webpage. I did try disabling legacy boot but that too did not work. 

Any help would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 21
Level 21
124,473 114,654 18,550 28,295
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, I would not be able to help you with why the cloud recovery tool-created media is not working.

I've only used it once to reinstall W10 on two of the same model HP notebooks (255 G7) and it worked just fine.

There would be no way to determine what the problem could be.  It should have worked, and unfortunately, it didn't.

If your notebook is not operational, I would clean install W10 by making bootable installation media using the media creation tool from the link below. Make the 64 bit installation media.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

After W10 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from your notebook's support page.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-15-Notebook-PC-series/10862323/model/13673658

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation